Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
244/99 My CK experience - kukolka
@ckgl- Hi! Sorry for delay with the respond, got overwhelmed with my family.

1. I never did NMBEs offline, and avoid them on the forum, so was almost not exposed to them before taking my online NMBEs. Yes, sometimes I have read questions and answers but people on the forum are mainly guessing, so you have your own opinion, but some answers were nice and have deep explanations, I really appreciate them.
I am sure, you can not memorize all NMBEs you have read before on the forum, so your result can be 2-3% biased. I think you can estimate your bias most correctly, because you know how many answers you knew before from the forum.
Anyway, to be on the safe side you should get 75% questions correct from all NMBEs minimum. Why I am thinking like this? Because I failed my first NMBE, it was NMBE 4 with a feedback. So, I got 68% questions correct, and scored 183 only. 189 is what you need minimum to pass.Other NMBE does not have a feedback, I have no idea how many questions I got correct.

2.I have watched very few videos (3 very short may be) for IM and Gynecology. I did not watch them and I did not read Kaplan LN as well, only because of time. I am very slow reader, and did not want do ask for extension and pay extra fee. If you have time do it at least 1 time, especially Kaplan LN.

3. For histo, patho slides, xrays, ct , and mri images I used all sources I had. I have used Google, FA for Step 1 and Step 2 CK (only high yield images in the end of he books), images from MTB 2 and MTB 3, Goljan pathology rapid review book after each disease and sometimes did it randomly, over and over, it helps a lot.I used to browse them when I was tired or want some break.
I wish you get 99 and have very pleasant exam experience. All the best!
hi! wow amazing congrats! i just finished my step 1, and now i am studying for step 2ck. i had a question , did you take kaplan classes? or did you just buy the kaplan lecture books online? also how is crush book?
@kukolka .........thanks so much for very patiently and in detail answering to my q. thanks for wishing me.
Goodluck for future stepSmile)))
congrats kukolka

can u please tell me whether its necessary to watch the kaplan videos...how many of them did u watch?
Good score and Good luck
please what is the meanings of MTB?
thanks
privet kukolka...pozdravlayu na 99
i have a question..do we need to study first aid for step2ck...or just mtb 2 is enough? and wat about some people say mtb 3 should also be done..i m confused..and how many months u think sufficient for preparation..i just finished with step1 and gonna start with step2ck..i studied in ukraine by the way..Smile
Please any body tell me what is MTB mean ?
wow amazing good job! and thank you for taking the time out to write everything.

do you think kaplan vids are necessary? because i do not know where to get them, or is there any courses necssary? or do you think just reading it all without videos for the first time or any courses is still okay?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »