Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just took step 1.....feedback - bahlmd
just took it yesterday. not too bad. tried to sleep in today....i forgot how to.

top 3 subjects...path, path, micro. top 3 systems renal, heart, GI. a lot of behavioral "what do you say" questions. micro had a lot of concepts rather than specific organism questions. drugs were 85% side effects...a good amount of antihyperlipidemic drugs and toxicities with related combinations. I had a ton of diagrams/slides/radiology....but 90% were easy to answer without looking at the slide. A lot of endocrine questions overall...know your physio and path well for this.

Best resource=Qbank. I think I saw about 75% of these questions in qbank in some form.

I feel better about my step 1 than I did about my NBME..so I hope my 390 on NBME was lower than what I will receieve on step 1.

Ok time to chill for a month. good luck to all.
Thanks and Good luck with the scores, bahlmd.
bahlmd - can u give us a few hints about the kind of Qs asked on the exam. This would give us a bit of insight for the kind of q's asked and how to get to the stem of the Q..?
i would say if you are used to doing 100 or so questions or so daily from Qbank...then you should be a well oiled machine when it come to the usmle step 1 stems. know your lab values....i didnt...and i had time to reference the lab values....which really helped. very often that gave you the answer. but overall the stems were very much like qbank, maybe a bit easier.

the CD NBME sends you in the mail is very representative to how difficult the test is.
what are your pathology study materials? thanks
i read kaplan path book, brs, first aid, brs premade flash cards, qbank for path.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »