Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220/94 my exam experience - gdocusmle
got my score last week but writin about it now.. still cant believe im done with STEP 1...

first off let me thank GOD and my family

I wasnt the smartest kid in med school I barely got by.... if i can pass this exam anyone in the world can do it believe me you just have to BE CONFIDENT.... and i am SERIOUS when i say IF I CAN PASS this exam ANYBODY IN THE WHOLE wide world CAN.

but here are my stats

Kaplan qbank first time , timed unused 65%

UW 2nd time through timed 80 %

NBME 2 -- 240
NBME 5 -- 390
NBME 11 - 460
NBME 7 - 480 2 weeks before my exam = 217 only 3 points off from my actual exam
UWSA 1 560/232 1 week before
UWSA 2 590/238 1 week before

ACTUAL EXAM 220/94

UWSA really overpredicted... i wouldnt count on them... I got raped on GI questions according to my score sheet .... BUT I dont even remember one GI question from my exam lol... I Was just prayin to get above 90 on my exam which I achieved.. it took me a while almost more than a year to study for this exam because i was very young and immature really didnt have any direction on how to study for this exam.. but now im 21 years old and i guess a little bit older and alot more wiser lol... hopefully God will let me get into a residency program after rotations and Step 2....

I believe that if it was not for the support of GOD and MY FAMILY none of this would have been possible... I know its not a 99 but its still something that i never thought i would accomplish, but i set a goal and achieved it... and it feels damn good... and nobody can EVER TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME

I truly believe god was with me on my exam day, i didnt feel stressed or anxious or anything, it was a weird but great feeling... i was actually having fun and laughing during my exam believe it or not...

For all of you Studying for STEP 1 ... you can do it if i can do it.. IM telling u... look at urself in the mirror every morning and say I can do this.... i know it sounds corny/gay but it really helps... try it and u will see for urself how much JUST BEING CONFIDENT can help.... don't ever put urself down or say you can not do it.... there is nothing that is impossible ..... just put in the work....

I hope this was helpful guys... im just another ordinary person who passed step 1 .... we can all do it... thank you for all the support from this website...

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice...thnks for sharing ur experience....great score....GL for ur future Smile..cheers!
Congratulations ! that is good score.
Can you pls write what are the duration among your nbmes?
And beside kaplan qbank and uw what books do u use. thx

and once again Congratulations!
congratulations !!!
i can feel ur words ,they r real and motivating , thank u for ur post , all the best in ur upcoming journey Smile)
BTW : I UNDERSTAND "FATEH" BUT couldn't find out the rest of ur last line.
translate plz Smile)
congratulations what is ur advice regarding studies
congrats singh sahib, well done Smile
what did you study(plan) in the last month before exam? thanks
wonderful ..... I wish you a bright future....I think I am in same shoes as you....
CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!! gdocusmle..YOU ROCKED IT...Good luck ahead..
hey guys ... i will reply to u all tomo.. sorry for the delay...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »