Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q on visa ! - doc_1983
Can someone tell me how much does my chances increase of matching if i am on j-2 than if i require a visa sponsorship ? Also to what kind of programs can i apply if i have j-2 ?

Thanks in advance !!
i've no answer to your q, but i'n on j2 as well.
i dont think you can work on j2 so you will need visa sponsorship i guess
funny3 - i can work on j-2 am sure of this..but dont know if my chances of match increase by this factor !!
oh sorry did not know that ....
ur chances increases by 0% .u cannot start residency on j2 .
You can work on J2 but can't do residency because you are dependent on J1. You need to apply for J1 or H1 when you get into residency.
I know people doing residencyn in j2 so gys please give your advise when you are sure abt thigns. who told we cant do residecny in j2.
I am not saying this as I am an expert BUT...

What "I KNOW" that You definetly can do residency on J-2.. and as I think this would increse ur chances a lot coz u don't need a visa... but to be sure, u can send programs u are interested in, and ask them if they accept residency on J-2 (EAD)...

BUT AGAIN .. WHAT I KNOW IS THAT U CAN
BTW.. when on J-2 and u got ur EAD "for which u should apply early even if u still don't have a job in hands" YOU ARE AUTHERIZED TO STUDY OR WORK IN ANY PLACE IN THE US.. so I believe this includes residency.. usually it is not the programs' directors buisness.. it is more related to GME office policy... So just to be sure.. ASK THEM
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »