Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@sami, misshyd, plz guide suggestions - mmd22
hi all, am new to this forum for step 3, yes finally made it onto here!
i need your guidance, suggestions regarding how to approach step 3.
what materials to use, how to study this
what methods i should use( ck is fresh)
what q banks to use,
what review books
kaplan notes should be used , how about the dvds
plz help, i hve noticed that sami and missshyd are very helpful to all, plz i need your suggestions as well
gluck and God bless!
thanks
Hi even i am in the same boat, don't know fm where to start
....any kind soul plz help...thanks...
since u r recent exam taker

i will suggest the following

Start
once finished with mcq, star usmleworld ccs part, find a partner is a must
do ccs cases presented here on the forum
come on the forum and ask questions
if you feel u need extra help, sign up for archer recorded ccs portion.
do kaplan q bank
do kaplan Q book
if u need more mcq, u can do jason selected topics, like rheu, pulm, sport medicine, women health, ophth.
read archer power points as a supplement
make ur notes as u do questions and revewing ur weak areas.
read MTB at the end

1month before ur exam, start doing NBME and Uw assessment. make sure u dont do any NBME questions presented by other members here on the forum.
it is very good that you are just done with ck. This is of great benefit to you because you are fresh with CK. But a lot also depends on your CK score.

This is how i would do it in your situation:

if your ck < 80, start with kap step 2ck and then do Archer video review for mcq. After these do, kaplan qbank or uw qbank and 2 weeks before exam do the NBME. For CCS, do dr.red ccs workshop and then print out CCS Cases from uw and practice them on primum software like we discussed before in previous posts. First download primum from usmle official website and then get oriented to it.

If your ck score > 80, skip kap step 2ck notes, it means you do have enough basics and can go to step 3 directly. Directly start with Archer and do qbanks ( either kaplan or uw or some even do, usmleconsult). While doing archer, I recommend that you do archer lecture in one topic first followed by mcq from the question banks that you prefer and if you have time, kap qbook as well. In this way, you can understand the important exam concepts better . MTB from kaplan can be used in last minute for quick revision.

regarding time for preparing, 2 to 3 months enough if your CK score > 80.
4 to 5 months, if ck score less than 80

CCS practice is crucial so practice them 1 hour daily at least.

good luck
thanks so much sami and misshyd, your advice is valuable . this makes me feel better. would be asking for further help.
thanks
gluck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »