Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
99/99 ,, but 13 years after graduation - drsam77
Hello guys,
I got 99/247 in step 1 last January
then 99/243 in ck last month
I'm preparing for CS which will be in late November so I can not apply this year
So I'm going to apply next year when I will be 13 years after graduation
no USCE yet and I am not sure I will get it
I have worked in my country as ICU resident for 7 years
is it possible to get matched in IM, FM or psychiatry
I hope you give me honest advice even if so painful..
thanks
dont be so scared,I have almost the same situation ,have been caling programs some of them dotn have cutoff year for graduation and they do value your experience and good grades dont worry at all prep for cs its important
Can you send me list of those program,as I am in the same boat too,I mean old img with score of 92/89/CSS pass,what u think any chance for me?
but I hear that many programs (even if they do not say they have cut-off ) do not accept so old graduates.. or even look at applications of them!
htahir,
leave your email.
Any advice friends,,
do I have a chance?
is it worth effort and money of travel to USA for CS and USCE ( if possible)?
it is possible, pass 2cs and apply
drsam, older grads than u have made it in -- so its very much possible. would suggest you try to get a volunteer research post at some uni - school of med preferred. try to get some publications. get some observerships - private clinics is fine. point being continue to shore up your CV; as others have mentioned exp. does count. all this is easier said than done.

is it worth the effort? sure if you HAVE the patience, tolerance, $ and determination. your still an md and can practise in ur home country. all the best.
Thanks acyclovir99,

My email is h.tahir.1. Do you have any suggestions which field should I apply particularly.I do not find much FM prog to apply as YOG makes a big difference for most of them.
I am an old grad myself with average score. I had an oppertunity of meeting a PD a month ago on an informal iv. He asked me about my clinical experience and what I do during that time where I am shadowing a doctor . To them it matters how you work in a clinical/hospital setting. I think you are in a good position to start with good scores ,so dont hesitate and apply and try to find some kind of clinical experience.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »