Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old grad more then 10 year graduation year.... - sheerib
Hello guys who are old grad and they rejected from residency privalage due to year of graduation and every year you guys become more and more older...Program does not have right to discrimnate us due to age or graduation year... we need only one year of training in order to become working doctor other wise only use word "Doctor " not working doctor.
we deserved training even if pay malpractise insurance from own pocket.....
we need to come and start jobs especially if you are permanant resident or citizen.
some state require only one year training to get licence ....Please gather here and we all use our brains to get some solutions or any results...
Good luck all.
I agree with you...I'm almost 10 yr old graduate and passed step 2 with a score of 242 couple of months back...which clearly tells year of graduation shouldn't be criterion for such discrimination..
try hard and apply all over the place if you can. IM/FM/Psych. Good Luck
also apply in peads, PM & rehab. I am also an old grad.
acyclovir - PMR needs TY - which means competing with radio/ophthal/dermat candidates. might get tricky. But I agree with your judgment on PM
And also you can join "Residency Ready Physicians" on USMLE Forum if you have green card
I think we should talk to ACGME department if they offer some thing for us....
discouragment should not tolerated...

The doctors who are working in hospital mostly advised us to change carrier BUT if system through them out then they will undersatnd our frustation.
I am old grad specialized with ten years clinical experience back in my country, most of progrms that i called said we will filter you and wont open your application dont waste your money and time!!!!!!! my scores are 99 and 92m what else can i do?I got observeship but most of programs said we even dont open ur application and some of them said we need hands on patient experiece and because this kind of experience for img is against law so it means they dont accept imgs that are old graduate and they just say no discrimination, its real discrimination
@ gyn, I am posting on the wall programs that actually say they review all applications
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »