Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old grad more then 10 year graduation year.... - sheerib
I am not applying this yr bec dont have money and dont have courage to get rejected from all the prgms. So fellows pl come up with new roadmap, suitable for us
Hi, all lists are posted in our "Residency Ready Physicians", to join as a member you need to be US citizen/Permanent resident. Gyn is one of our members, so I was responding to her. we also share outer stuff free for members

I'm also an old grad:
Step 1- 92
Step 2-94
CS-Pass(first attempt)
YOG-2003
USCE-4 months(Private)
Don't need a visa.

Do I have any chance? What Speciality should I apply to and how many programs? If not,should I start nursing at Excelsior and become an RN? Does anybody know the cost involved? I have heard you could be an RN in one year and the expenses are around 10K which is not bad assuming you get a job after finishing the degree!! What about physician assistant? I have heard it's very expensive and takes almost 4 years if you don't have a Bachelors in the US.Any other decent options without having to wait for 4 years or spend around 50-60k which I have don't have in the first place?

Going back(to my home country) is not an option for me.Anyone please suggest something so that we could make a decent living? I don't want to work at Walmart or a Burgerking for the rest of my life!!
Hey nedi i am also a member at face book (Residency ready physician forum) though it is a good effort to gather the pple but again q is what is the reasonable solution of our problem i mean shortest cheapest way to settle little bit down after spending all that money in exams and applications and also consumed so much time. This is the million dollar q?????????
hi, the cheapest is that you should have emailed programs since after march and asked them with your credentials, exams, USCE and so on.....if they are going to invite you if you apply. Of course that is not 100% guarantee that will work and you must have written something in your template email to impress them so that you won't get the automatic reply.....I have been doing that since march and m and Z....have been trying to explain to you guys how to do that since long........I got a handful replies that way and this is where I am applying, again no guarantee, but time will tell if i am right. The next two weeks I think is too short to do that, but you can try, at least it won't hurt
@ ritus for starter you can join us "Residency Ready Physicians" on USMLE Forum to be included in AMA survey
@ sial if you don't try you will not know what the answer is
Retired community still going steady..........good!
Hey nedi I could not understand what u mean by if I dont try, try what? Asisali we r not retired community we are just strugglers to find out some possitive output We will keep struggling.
graduated in 1996, no residency in my country. need visa. prematched 2 years ago in Psych in a University program in NY. if you are perseverent and good and have a bit of luck people your effort will be rewarded
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »