Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old grad more then 10 year graduation year.... - sheerib
Hi Ritus that is the main q for us what we need to do for reasonable living. i tried different options but still unluckily neg results I can give you some examples where did I tried

a- PA prgm --------- They ask for pre-req and even then they wont pref u
b-Occupational therapy---------GRE and pre-re
C-Radiation therapy-----------------Got late for admission . it was one year prgm in my state but bad luck submitted application late.

D-I am sure same is true for other courses like Podiatry Psych_d we need to fullfill their req for admission and after that if there would be some left over then we might find some thing

for our degree and this ECFMG thingee no one cares even some ppl ask what is that.......

Anyways if you have any information pl share with me at my Pm aleesj17@gamil.com

I graduated in Nov. 2007 and I'm applying next year ( Sep. 2012 ) Would I be beyond the 5 year limit ?

Thanks a lot Sial,do appreciate that.I actually did 3 semesters of MPH,didn't like it,but could always go back and finish it.Admission is not that difficult.I mean, for us folks, GRE is not that difficult anyway.I got 1300 on GRE and it's damm easy.

My score on GRE will be valid for one more year.Actually I have heard a lot of good things about Excelsior.The clinical exam(CPNE) is difficult for sure but people including us IMG's do pass it and you could easily pass NCLEX after that and start looking for a job.Getting a JOB as an RN especially when you have an Associate degree is kind of a daunting task but people do get it .

I was actually wondering and was curious if someone here didn't do nursing from Excelsior and is working as an RN.I see it as a very good option and lot less expensive.MPH at Tulane was way more expensive than this and most of the other options including PA are way more expensive and take a long time.

What do you think about Excelsior? Sure people say it's not that easy but I personally know a lot of folks who have done that and got jobs.What are your inputs? Anybody plz?
well ritus nursing is not an option for me. I also thought about MPH but then stepped back because after two years of course u wont be able to make over then 40ks a yr If some one let me take in, in PA prgm just with my medical degree I would be more then happy but i doubted that without full filling their pre-req like chem physics and biology..
@ritus, someone in residency ready had done excelsior and working in icu. she finished quite fast. I also remember someone posted in forum he finished whole course in 2 months but had to wait long time for nclex. so basically u can finish in 6 months including nclex. job still easy to find than others. I am also thinking of nursing but will do accelerated brn which will be 1 year but in california it is almost 60k. but i feel u can pay back in one year.

sial I also checked PA but they don't want me without prerequisite. all those chemistry physics i did back then more than 10 years back does not count and have to re do all. so i gave up plan.
I am doing research volunteer and hoping i get some project but for this year I am running for match.
if any other options are available for us, please update in this thread no matter what it is.
radiology sound good option. have to find more info.
is match a resident list reliable list ? what is the percentage of accuracy?
Yes I applied this year for rad therapy but got late due my WES eval what about Occupational therapy ??? the pre-req are same like anat, physio and statistics MS is 2-yrs prgm and pay is good too
Any thing except nursing without any kind of pre-req would be good
I also heard that there is a book published by AMA for other health related field, did any body check that book is it good ??
nope have you sial?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »