Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Medicine Match 2012 - houstonpass
Hi guys just wanted to give a feedback about UAMS IM program. This may not be the most appropriate thread though, apologies upfront.
I am a current resident in internal medicine program at UAMS. The program is extremely busy and geared towards extracting as much work from residents and more so IMG's . There is hardly any emphasis on teaching or scholarly activities . The program is also very unstable in the sense that residents are constantly leaving and coming and there changes being forced upon residents . The most depressing thing is that several fellows from different university and county hospitals across the country were shocked to see the amount of work internal medicine residents were putting in (or asked to do) at a academic university based setting. The program leaves much desired and if If I were to go to match again, will rank this program much lower. If any prospective US or IMG applicant has a specific question then I will happy to answer to the best of my ability.
The only good thing for visa seekers is that this is an H1 program , at least for now. Also it gives no preference to it's own candidates for cardiology and GI fellowship
Good luck to us all my friends
@drtak:

would you like us to discuss the match process on skype?
also, 99 is irrelevant this match, they will only look at 3 digit scores, we are basically guinea pigs this match

i a,m not under standing wt is this message from one university. please clarify

We are pleased to find your application for our Internal Medicine Residency
Program among our applicants. We believe we have an outstanding educational
program, and are glad that you are interested in learning more.

We are busy reviewing applications and trying to be as efficient as possible
when extending our invitations. Please do not interpret the silence from us
over the next month to be lack of interest.
how many programs did yall apply to
me and hubby applied to 95 exactly.
This website is pretty cool if you guys haven't checked it out already. They just added a way to let you add all your programs at once: http://www.resmatchstats.com/UserPrograms/bulkAdd.

This helps for me as I am planning to apply to 100+ programs! Yikes :-o

ugfgggh i wish i knew about that before. i sat there like an idiot clicking everything, then it told me i didnt certify my app, so had to certify, then go back and click all over Tongue
I have taken all tests step 1, step2 cs, and step2 ck. unfortunately I don’t have CK scores, they will be available on sept 26 Sad
Is it better for me to apply on September 15 and update my CK (ON September 26) AND my certification (Oct 3)? or is it better to wait until I have all my results and apply there after?
Or Should I get certification on Oct 3 and then apply?
Cuz I heard there is a risk of my application being filtered out in some programs if I dont have CK scores and ECFMG and I won't be reconsidered once I get CK this year.
Please help.
I am sure many are in the same boat
Thanks
Applying to IM--
Step1- 244
Step2-250
CS- passed

All 1st attempt

US citizen. YOG = Oct. 2010

4 months USCE in ER in 2012
2 weeks in Anesthesia in 2008
1.5 months in ER in 2008