Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do I start? -
Jana31

I am starting to prepare to take Step 2. I wanted to know what books/material I need to help me conquer Step 2. I have no idea where to start. Please help. Thanks in advance.
HB

Jana,

If you can, you may want to enrol in Kaplan for the Step 2 Review. I found the lecture notes were helpful and the MCQs were also very useful. Try to buy these materials from someone if you can.

You may want to focus on a few books. It is better to know a few books very well rather than stretching yourself with too many books. Depending on the number of months you have available, you would want to allot enough time for practicing MCQs as the exam day gets closer (at least one month before the test date in which you are answering MCQs all the time). You would want to train yourself how to think about questions all the time. I mostly used the MKSAP, Kaplan notes and the High Yield series.

Best of Luck with your studies and with the Step 2.
Siva

Jana,

I gave my Step-2 yesterday. I felt Kaplan notes is very good and sufficient for reading and understanding theory but you need to practice questions from other books also later. Stick to only one set of books as HB said.
Jana31

Thanks you both for you advise! I appreciate it!
krud

I used NMS medicine, and the rest Blueprint series + 1 AID
sk

This company helped me -- cut and paste into browser-- and link :

http://topperenterprises.freeservers.com

Cut and paste and put into browser; this is the only tutorial company that doesn't get paid unles you do well!!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »