Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECFMG certificate - arcticwolf
If I get my step 2 CK score on Sep 28th, how long after that I can get the ECFMG certificate issued?
+2 weeks.
just make sure you passed first....
wow.. ecfmgcertified, you must be reaaalllly smart to figure out that I need to pass first!! See, I didn't know that until I heard it from a loser on this forum. Good for you man Smile
arctic, let us (aug 2 takers) make it a point to inform programs about this situation. Ignore these other naysayers.
So are you all(Aug 2 CK takers) applying on sept 1st?
m also confused r u guys applying or waiting for the results ...situation s crazy ...
about two weeks after
ecfmg certificate is made and send two weeks to a month after completing step 1 step 2ck and step 2cs. you can do the exam in any order, but once complete this three you will have the ecfmg certificate two weeks or a month after.

the purpose of the ecfmg certificate is to state that you are now eligible for application for residency (postgrad) training in the usa. it just means that the educational commision that handle all foreign medical graduates have deemed you eligible to apply for residency training in the usa.

now it is general understanding that if one pass all three exams, they would immediately get to have this ecfmg certificate. so one can apply without even having it printed because most programs know that they would be printed anyway.

as for making it a certificate and send to anyone, i suppose it is for formality but ideally it serves no purpose other then residency itself. it however does not denote that you have some postgrad diploma. it is the undergrad medicine tested in 4 exams.

step 3 is not needed for this certificate, so it demonstrates that one is free in what time to take usmle step 3.
note that the ecfmg are handing out certificate known as ecfmg certificate, not MDs. MDs are handed out by individual medical school. the country as a whole want to test the medical students/graduates again by making them sit a few more exams in addition to their medical school exam and then they hand out certificate to foreigners called ecfmg certificates. they do not hand out MDs because they are not conducting medical education, they only test the medical students/graduates
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »