Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For medhelp team or anybody i need some input .... - kiranamud
Hi,

i like to do primary care IM. i am in a categorical IM program now. but not satisfied with the program training environment.

is it possible to do primary care tract(IM) after finishing residency? or what about family meds? i know its sounds crazy. but really need some honest advice regarding this matter. thank you every one.
There is nothing to prevent your from doing clinic based medicine after you are finished with your residency in IM. Looks like you are getting worn out in your training!
good luck!
http://www.pages/MLE-and-residency-tips/197883570251157
hey thanks for your reply. i was thinking about applying for primary tract in IM( i believe i cant redo IM again in cats position) or family meds after finishing residency in my current prog.
do you think it is possible?
it is possible but tough. do you have visa or are you a citizen? I dont see why you can be a clinic based physician (primary care) after you finish your cateorical training. Several of my friends are doing primary care after finishing their cat. IM training.
becoz i am not happy abt the quality of training in my current prog. it sounds crazy . but this is the only reason.
so i need some honest guidance abt how can i make it happen.
It is really important to apply at 8am, Sept. 1, 2011. Programs pick applications on first come first served basis. When they start reviewing, they sort the applications based on their time stamps. What this means is that - say 600 people applied between 8am to 8:15am, and you applied at 8:30am, your application will be ignored, simply because all the IVs will be distributed among first 600 applicants. This is even more important for psychiatry as almost all programs follow this pattern (verified extensively).

With that said, it is no guarantee that you will match even if you apply at 8am. For example, asif-ali applies at 8am every year, year after year. He fails everytime because:
1: he is a 2003 grad.
2: he is 32+ & unemployed.
3: low IQ - since he spells Mr. Hyde as MR. HIDE (HAHAHAHHAHAHA)
4: poor temperament - gives in easily to me and gets humiliated time and again.

So the moral of the story is:
(1): IF YOU CANT APPLY ON SEPTEMBER 1, THEN DONT APPLY THIS YEAR. YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY EVEN IF YOU ARE LATE BY 30MINS.
(2): IF YOURS CREDS MATCH THE ASIF-ALI BAR (2003 grad, 32+, unemployed, low IQ), THEN ALSO DONT BOTHER TO APPLY.

Love
Cycle
it is possible to change programs but there is a risk of pissing off your current program faculty if they get a wind of this. It is not impossible and has been done - a friend of mine changed from IM to neuro in the second year. was nerve racking for him (getting reco letters etc) but in the end he made it.
yea i dont want to make anyone upset, you understand what i meant....
do you think it is possible to apply in primary care tract in im or family meds after finishing residency in im ? i cant change prog or specialty now.
you could do FM, I am not sure that you could do a second medicine residency (even if it is primary care track it is still a residency in IM)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »