Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
frustrated :X:( - anonymous123
Hi,

my scores are 80/97/94/cs [2] all are in first attempt except csSad! I cannot take it back.I have nearly 7 months of observership experience in FM. 4 us lors from FM physicians.YOG is 2006.
I'm very frustrated and depressed as there are not many programs I can apply for FM, seems like IM has liberal criteria for applying but I dont have US lor in IM. I am so far selected 180 programs combined IM and FM. do you think is it worthy at all to apply for IM without US lors?with my cs attempt do they even consider my application? I dont have enough money to apply all these 180 programs so do you think I should only apply for FM and quit applying for IM? Many of the lists are so vague and even the program websites have vague criteria. I am lost , depressed and totally down!

do you think applying for FM widely even though i dont meet their criteria is better than applying to IM and FM both ?

some body please have any ideas on this ?
thanks!
any one please help
both r competitive....if u can afford try ur luck in im also.....me too in same situation....but applying only to im
hi jtk can I have ur email ?just to keep in touch ! thanks!
All about getting a Residency

PUT

Img usmle residency april

into www.google.com search as the only top 1-3 blogspot result
Hi,
[hello]

my scores are 80/97/94/cs [2]
[you have a low score in step 1 but seems like you improved a whole lot and earned good scores on 2CK and 3. The attempt in CS is going to hurt you but you are correct, there is not much you can change about it]

I have nearly 7 months of observership experience in FM.
[this is singularly the most valuable aspect of you application in addition to you good 2 and 3 scores]

4 us lors from FM physicians.YOG is 2006.
[wonderful]

I'm very frustrated and depressed as there are not many programs I can apply for FM, seems like IM has liberal criteria for applying but I dont have US lor in IM.
[if your LORs are not specialty specific, ie: the content of the letter does not endorse you very strongly for FM, then you could technically use these LORs for IM]

I am so far selected 180 programs combined IM and FM. do you think is it worthy at all to apply for IM without US lors?
[yes, given that your research has revealed that IM programs that you applied to have lax criteria, it is very much worth it. Because after all, Lax criteria means more chance of being invited for interview]

with my cs attempt do they even consider my application?
[there are scores of applicants with attempts who match. so yes they will consider your application. can you open a channel of communication with the places where you did the UCE? the faculty there if they are happy with you will be more than happy to network for you if you politely ask them to]

I dont have enough money to apply all these 180 programs so do you think I should only apply for FM and quit applying for IM?
[I know it is tough, I had to support my USMLE journey by doing grad school work. I understand]

Many of the lists are so vague and even the program websites have vague criteria. I am lost , depressed and totally down!
[dont give up. you have invested a fantastic amount of time, effort and money to get to this stage. take a break, breath deep and get your head back in the game]

do you think applying for FM widely even though i dont meet their criteria is better than applying to IM and FM both ?
[it will be cheaper to apply to 2 specialties for a fixed number of programs than one. but then again you are reducing the pool of the programs that you have. You have excellent USCE and FM LORs, it would be beneficial to consider all FM programs. if you look at the stats on the specialities, FM was relatively easy on applicant with attempts. I would say, apply to as many as you fiscally can bear to do so. drop the FM programs which are really good (they are going to very strict with inclusion/exclusion criteria, apply to community based programs, network in places you have done USCE)

some body please have any ideas on this ?
thanks!
[goodluck, and dont lose hope]
Thanks mle residency tips !
All of the USMLE COURSES-DETAILED RATINGS

PUT

imgimresidentsratings of usmle courses

into www.google.com search

as the only top Blogspot result with the word “RATING” in it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »