Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a sincere advice guys. - uzmaa
Got a prematch from Kingsbrook Jewish. I have 88 and 80. GC. 4 months externship. 6 months research. Could not match last year because I flunked CS. Would really want to get a residency this year. Been out of med school for 5 years. Got 13 calls from places better than Kingsbrook (not all of them offer prematch though). Numerous calls from family practice (which perhaps is atleast as good as doing IM from Kingsbrook, or it isnt?) so many that I cant schedule any more family practice interviews. But I really want to get a residency this year. Dont know what to do. Please let me know what you think of the whole situation.
well from what I see you are in a very good situation. If you want my opinion forget about last year and trust in yourself. If you have all those interviews and you have gc then you don't even have anyproblem doing family practice because then you wouldn't have to go back to your home country. at the end its your decision nobody can make than decision for you so trust in yourself. Good luck
hi uzmaa,

I had interview at kingsbrook jewish medical center also. from your credential it appears that your are in very good position, you will get matched this year..

as per my opinion, I would wait to get matched at other IM program or even at last other family practice program, rather than joining KBJMC. I dont know whether you are aware of the facts but even the current residents are also not satisfied with the work/education they are getting now. mostly resident do scutwork through out the day.. one of the resident who took us to hospital tour told us, given chance she will not join the same program again, the faculties are not very cooperative, residents have to do a lot scut work during on call days, no scope for future fellowships, etc.

good luck and respect your gut-feeling..... BUZURG KAHATE HAI, JAB DIMAG SAATH NA DE TAB DIL KI SUNO... good luck once again and also congrats on getting pre-match.
uzma
dont worry baby
i will work and take care of you if anything
mostly if i match myself
because noone knows for sure what will happen
Thanks crypto, that was really helpful.
anybody else?
ask them to give you couple of weeks to decide,, beside you have crypto in hand haha gl
Hi,
How did you get prematch there? Did they call you? Did you ask for prematch? I am just curious, how it works not only in KJMc. I also ahd an int with them. If you ahve plenty other int in Fp wait for them. I wouldn't go to KJMC. But defenetely it up to you. GL
good luck man. just pray
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »