Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathoma vs Goljan - sweet_tea
I was wondering what your opinions are on Pathoma compared to Goljan? A friend mentioned pathoma worked well for her, but I haven't heard too much about it, other than from her. Also, does anyone have the pdf version of the textbook for pathoma? If you don't mind sending it sweet_tea_dr

Thanks in advance.
Has anyone heard of pathoma?
I have used pathoma and it is wonderful. I don't have the actual book but book by itself won't be much help without his lectures. His lectures with accompanying text are awesome. You can go to website and try out some free samples and decide for yourself. Pathology is a vast area and it is better to have may be multiple sources. I have done pathoma and now my goal is to go through Goljan audio with his transcript. The two sources will give a good repitition for most of the stuff and also compliment each other. I can tell you that pathoma has been huge help for myself and I learned my pathology by following Dr. Sattar's text and lectures on pathoma.com. But I would still suggest you to watch some of his free videos and then decide for yourself. Goodluck with studies.
Would you happen to be able to share the videos/pdf mfandtr? Thanks.
Goljan is good, but when you read pathoma text and watch the accompanying lectures, pathology comes alive in a very concise way. Think of this:

Goljan's Rapid review pathology is 603 pages, FA ~ 500 pages worth of exam material and pathoma text is just 218 pages. Not to say the pathoma is too abridged, rather that is contains the distillate/quintessence of what is relevant for the exam. Keep in mind, pathology could be a major subject, but it is just one of 7/8 total subjects to cover for the exams. Thus it make sense to master 218 pages and not 600 pages of pathology alone. I don't know about you, but I am not blessed with that much time to spend on 600 pages of one subject alone!

I don't work for pathoma.com, but I think Dr. Sattar knows his stuff and is gifted in delivery it in a very precise way!

And please stop asking for free copies! It is fair to spend 100 bucks and reward Dr. Sattar for years of a job well done!
I don't have the videos and PDF. I bought his actual text for 100 and they gave me online access to videos.
Thanks, appreciate your inputs. GL
Is there anyway I can get in contact with you MFANDTR? I have to ask you some things, thanks! My e-mail: nu.bombina > @ < g mai l. com (sorry but preventing the spam bots).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »