Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does one have to be in the US for scramble?????? - funga
???
Does anyone have an answer to this question? It would be highly appreicated.

Thanks.
I ALSO NEED ANSWER.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW... e.g. you belong to NY, and you contacted one program with unfilled postion in NY and they wanna take your interview on the same day or on next day; you will lose that chance if your are outside USA..

Thanks Raja for your response...it's highly appreciated.
hi friends..
i m participating in 2006 match ...94/96 FMG...yet to take cs...applied to 50 categorical im programs...only 2 interviews as yet....pls guide if it is a good idea to select preliminary option as well in all the programs i have applied to so far so that even if i dont get matched this year, I may have a transitional year position in hand and improve my application for the next match. Is it okay to apply for preliminary and categorical position in the same program?

Also I want to replace my PS. Will the new PS replace the old one in programs who have already downloaded my PS or the couple of programs i ve got invitation from? please help. any input will be highly appreciated
you welcome..mskim..

sarcoid,

considering your score, you have very good potential to match this year.. good luck for step-2 cs.. I have 2 interviews only.waiting for couple of more.. it will be better if you decide about what you gonna do after completing transitional year, as you will be asked this question in your interview for transitional year. I know couple of guys in this forum with good credentials who has secured admission for PGY2 in some speciality but struggling for transitional year position.. I am not scaring you but it is fact; some of the program only offer you transitional position only when you have secured admission for next year at any other program... it is always a good option to go for USCE in form of residency in any field and switching over from next match... I would suggest to go for family practice residency if you wanna just build up your cv.. it may help to get you in switchin to IM in the same program from next yr based on your reputation...I am not sure about PS; but you can replace LORs even after you submitted to the programs.

good luck..

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »