Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INTERNAL Medicine 2012 . Interviews/ Rejections - houstonpass
@ elmeromero
i hope u noticed my note at the end of my creds Smile
i did nt have good USCE last yr
only 1 month and 1 US LOR at the time of applying
i was frustrated as well bt i know ppl with inferior profile around me matching . so it has to be luck factor as well.

yes i could hv matched easily if i applied with similar creds couple of yrs ago.

things are getting too competitive.

keep up the faith and perseverance and u will excel for sure

cheers
man, you applied to 150+ programs, it means that you covered the 3rd rate back up ones, and still u didnt get IVs..... Even the existence of a single month WHEN COMPARED to your scores should get IVs in the 2nd rate and 3rd rate places ..... im so scared
i know. bt it happened. i didnt get rejections early.. gt them very very late as compared to others so that implied that i got in the filters initially. and last moment got rejected when they were actually filtering candidates for IV's. So good USCE and LORs makes a huge diff. have rectified that this time. also visa need is such a bane.
lets c wat happens
hoping much better response this time
it is tough to go unmatched with such high scores. you should get IVs atleast from Community programs if not University ones....few of my friends got more than 10 IVs last year with 99/99, with no USCE and 1-2 US LORs that too from private clinics...I believe score is the most imp factor..they do not have time to read your LORs and PS. USCE of course matter but you could have secured at least 8-10 IVs with your score no matter USCE is there or no.
@ jay hind
i had a bunch of frns who were non 99ers bt good scores and same profile as me bt got IV frm community places where i also applied bt i didnt hear frm them.
its more like good places need good USCE so i didnt get IV's and community were plenty bt they thot my scores are too high for them and i wont rank them so didnt call me.

this is wat i think.
i was somewhere in btwn

dont want to think a lot and whether my thinking was rgt or wrong

bt want to focus on this yr
@hjprmp

U must have spent a lot of money and time...
I am sure you will get lots of interviews this season!

I read previous year threads and notice that ppl with similar creds and USCE get more interviews... Wonder What 's the difference?

Now, I am really scared for myself!
Ya, exactly I know ppl without USCE getting prematched and matched too...

im scared.
Gunderson lutheran/ wisconsin Rejection today..... Score 99/99 with some USCE
Im scared too houstonpass
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »