Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any mom struggling here - lookingup
hii everyone....i am a mom of 3 ..with school going kids and wondering how people find time to study 10 hrs a day with school going kids ...plaaning to take step 2 vey soon bujt not at all prepared for it..so if any of u moms are out there in the same situation like me n can understand what i am going through..then pls help me here coz i am losing it out!!!
hey...im a mom just like you...but my situation is a bit different..but i totally understand what you mean...ive been having the same problem struggling with step 2 and not getting enought time and all the house chores and droping the kids to all the activities it just drives u insane...but you just gotta take some time off and just do it...i know its very easy said but very difficult to actually do it we can chat sometimes add me on skype:tweetywheety
I understand ur struggle though I have only one.anyhow u have to make time for study.what i did -i study the 6 hrs that my daughter stays at school and i had a neighbour who pick up her from school,in that way I had extra 30 min.U can read for an hour or two when the kids go to bed although its tiring after a busy day.If u have some helping hand like ur mother or in-laws for 2-3 months before exam that will be excellent.
wish u GL.
thnk for ur encouraging reply...
i feel much better knowingthat i am not alone in the boat..so when r u guys planningto give step 2 ck??
n howz the prep going on
mine is not goingtoo good
i think i have reacheda student block(if there is such a thing!!!)..i cant hardly read for 1-2 hrs every day..i dunno what to do
hey!we're all in the same boat,i have 2 boys,they're in pre-k and 1st grade ,it's very very hard,cause my husband cannot help a lot(works full time ,and even week-ends). i try to read 5 or 6 hours a day,when they are at school,and do all the shores when they are back.the week-ends when they're at home it's harder,but i try to do my best!keep going ,do not give up!i use to read 1 or 2 hours a day before i put the youngest in pre-k,it was kind of depressing but i did'nt give up!just keep reading even if you're tired,and do not do any shore until they're home.wish you the best.

welcome to the club everyone! Smile i also have 2 boys kinder and 3rd grader. My exam is in 2 months and I just had a very very disgusting nbme! Just look at our situation on a bright side and imagine if we make it with all the loads that we have? that's what we are, multi-taskers! Just pursue your dream! Let's just encourage each one and keep this thread going.....Goodluck moms!
yes moms! lets all support one another....i was planning on taking the ck dis month until I had very bad score in Nbme form 1 and got all depressed and when back to reading my books again..so hoping to take it by the end of next month...Im away from my 9 year old and my hubbie who is in cali and Im here in the Philippines with my 2 year old and Ive got a full time nanny...even that being said I spend a lot of hours studying but then i also feel so guilty for not spending time with my 2 year old...its very difficult plus the pressure coming from my hubbie to finish this exam so that we could put my family together....the only reason im here is because i can afford a full time nanny so that I can study......just thought of sharing my part with all you super moms out there....lets do this ladies!!!!
'
hey funnygirl i am a mother of 2 months old daughter and my exam is in 2 months as well.can u pls let me know yr preparation tips and how u manage yr study?if u can give yr skype id i can add you.thanks and good luck to all moms.

@usmlefear: hey, nice to hear from you kababayan...I'm here in cali. When is your exam. Mine is on the 14th of nov. and that's it, no more moving dates bec of the holidays. punta ka na dito, para 2 tayong mag-aral!

@oneexam: Hi, sorry, I don't usually open my skype account so we'll just keep in touch thru this thread. Honestly, I'm in no position to give tips. me myself cannot stick to my plan because of my kids ( you know what I mean, I have to dress them up to school, feed then pick up again!) so the only chance I can get a good study is from 8 to 2 only! by the time they get home I have to supervise their homeworks and lots of other stuffs! The only thing I can say is "make the most out of your study time!" and pray! Smile

Goodluck to all......
i am so glad that i found a support group here ..it was getting very depressing n the whole time i used to read how the others are studying 10-12 hrs formnthsand competition is so tough n i usedto think maybe i am not doingthe right thing..but so happy to have found u all here
@fuuny girl 19..yes please lets keep this post alive n going..it would be a great boost and motivation toall of us ....i suggest we post our progress,anxieties,fear ..anything we want to share and feel others in the similar situation might help or going throughthe same thing...
@usmlefear..i know exactly what u must be feeling..i was preparing for step2 n then i gave nbme n did horribly in it..n thought this must be a waste ..got so depressed ..that is ehy i wrote this post n so glad to have found u all..now planningto give my exam in nov ..n no more postponing!!
even i feel giulty of not giving my kids time...i have got noe in gr1 noe in rekg n one at home!!!....n then a full time job..sometimes when i read posts on these forum saying that u have to do usce and externships..i wonder..i can hardly study n keep up with kids and their schools..can i pursue this to the end..would i be able to get a slot in residency n reach the end ???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »