Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Body without IV until now..join here. - melasyndrome
same here. 99/99/pass all first. GC. YOG>15
Nobody believed me when I mentioned about the screening software the PDs use. If you don't comply with 1 single criteria, you are ruled out by the system. Even if you are PHD 99/99/99 but YOG 6years or more, they won't see it.

With more than 4000 aplicatios per service, they won't even bother seen candidates who don't comply with their criterias
Ozpy,
your advice might be true for the most programs. but I know that my senior get prematch in a program that says: 5 year cutoff, score>85... That was 4 years ago though. By that time, he got 82 for step1, 92 for step2, CS 2 attempt, but 2 year research at MD Anderson.
I followed strictly to not apply to some programs that said: No attempt. By now ,I know some friends with CS attempt and not that great score got IV. Learn for next match.
For all of us, we should try to improve our application: amazing step3 , more externship with great LOR... and find our which programs to apply. It is really hard to know which program is competitive, which will be easy
Forget to say, my senior was 12 YOG, he spent 4 year in US to prepare USMLE... before applying
May be its better, if we go off into a ''NO WIFI'' Zone for a week/two and then take all d bad news at once..am tired of checking my inbox every 5 min..and mails which say "NO REPLY" are so scary !!!!!!!!!!!!
4 years ago was different. There weren't many caribbean applicants and their inbox used to have 1000 applicants.

Now 99% of programs have 4500 applicants in average. It's harder now. Contacts help a lot.
According to my experience, what they consider as most important: (1) Credentials. (2) Age.
(3) publications. Just personal idea.
@desperado760..many programs say, dey consider each application on a case by case basis..so lets hope that is true and have hopes, that they will find something appealing in our application.
Hey guys,
Same here ni iv no rej,but I called few programs today to ask few questions and most of them say they r starting to review applications in oct or nov...right now it's just the computers that r downloading application...so chill ..relax...
70% of programs send all their invites before oct 15th. The PDs are killing each other for the best applicants and are sending invites to the best ones by now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »