Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
q.2 - uragan
A 25 y.o. male is recovering from smoke inhalation in house fire. he was treated fro both CO an CN poisoning. which of the following findings occur in both CO and CN posoning??

a. dec. SaO2
b. dec. PaO2
c. inhib. of Cyto a + a3
d. left shifted OBC
e. normal anion gap metabolic acidosis

easy one Smile
aa
Lovetest xoroshenko podumai Smile
AA

Hi uragan . I can totally understand what you said up there............just kidding Smile

@Lovetest: how are you?

This forum is like the UN Smile
i think it's "C"

Well, if both, then it should be AAA and CCC, right? Well I think D is correct, too??? What a matter???
A....

DEC. SAO2 OCCUR IN BOTH OF THEM
WHILE LEFT SHIFT CURVE ONLY IN CO POISONING
AND INHIBTION OF CYTO A,A3 ONLY IN CN POSONING, ALTHOUGH OCCUR IN CO POISONING BUT LESS SIGNIFICANT
why "A" ?

CN just block the Cyt a/a3 ......it does not bind to Hb.

CO block Cytoa/a3 as well as compete with O2 for Hb binding.--->Decr SaO2

Hi Psycho Smile i thought nobody knows russian on this forum, he..he.Smile)

i said that Lovetest might think abt other options...cause "A" is not the correct answer.

@sarim u r right Smile

remember from goljan audios..that CO(carbon monoxide), CN (cyanide) and CO(cytochrome oxidase).."love each other"...bcoz, both CO and CN poisoning can inhibit Cytochrome Oxidase or Cyto a/a3(these are the same).

agree that there is a dec. in O2 saturation in CO poisoning. but I think there are no chages in O2 sat. in CN poisoning, bcoz CN binds Fe in +3 state, and normally the iron in heme groups in +2 state, so they will not affect Fe +2 in Hb.

Iron also is a component of cytochrome oxidase in ETC(coplex 4). but the iron in Complex 4 can be in both +2/+3 states due ammount of electrons coming down the ETC.
and here in ETC, the iron in +3 state can be affected by Cyanide Smile but not in Hb.

hope it is clear Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »