Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cs failed !! - dj9
friends i have failed cs ,should i apply in programs , or wait till i pass cs?
if i retake now the result will come in december ...

anybody plz reply
Im sorry, but I would recommend to forget about residency here in US, as this year, people with attempts dont get any IV

anyways, it is to late for applying
I would beg to differ, i happen to know a few ppl who falied CS last yr, dropped out of the match, passed CS on the 2nd attempt, used the 1 yr to get more Observerships and research and now this yr have 3-4 ivs, and these guys are IMG's needing visas...its imp to pass CS, and UTILISE your time if you plan on going into next yrs match.
i would suggest dont apply this year, pass the exam, get more USCE and improve ur cv over all then apply next year. tc.
i would differ with the others here , it depends on your financial strength and if you are willing to take the risk . you can focus more on appliying to preliminary positions like FM, Pediatrics and i think you will have a fair chance to match . categorical positions would be difficult though not impossible to get but if you can try and get into preliminary it is going to add 1 yr of clinical experience on your CV which is better than doing nothing for the next yr .
there is a prelim for family?
two people i know are doing their residency in pretty reputed universities...both failed cs..but they had loads of usce and amazing 3-digit score..not 271 like the ones posted here...they had 256/258...
no, no prelim FM. I dunno what's with ahmeda_saeed. Seems like he's not familiar with US residency.
I would suggest to apply to only those programs where you have contacts with the residents or attendings, and they will help you to get the interview calls once you pass your cs exam.

Dont rush if you are not well prepared for your exam. people they get nervous and just appear the exam in 3/4 days after the result. I suggest you not to do that. First focus on your weakness and improve them, because if you fail next time then getting into residency will be much tougher.

So relax, apply to limited programs, practice for the cs, take the dates and give the exam. I hope this helps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »