Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
university hospitals case medical center pathology - judy3

Just direction, but no IV, is it wrong email? anybody got this email today?
Dear UHCMC Pathology Residency Candidate,

In the event that I might have missed sending you information regarding your interview at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, please read below and see attachments.

Welcome to the UHCMC Pathology Residency Program! In this email I attempt to provide information regarding transportation and housing in connection with your visit to University Hospitals Case Medical Center (UHCMC). The Medical Center is in University Circle, on Cleveland’s east side, accessible by Interstates 80 and 90 from both East and West, and Interstates 71 and 77 from the South. The address for the Institute of Pathology is 2085 Adelbert Road, Cleveland OH 44106. The best lot for parking is the Adelbert Road Visitor’s Lot, south of the Institute of Pathology, adjacent to Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital. Look for the giant building blocks at the entrance of the parking lot.

Even though you will probably be using a navigation device, I have provided directional information below. If you are traveling by air, the name of our airport is Cleveland Hopkins and is designated CLE. There is another airport called the Akron/Canton airport but it is approximately 1-1/2 hours away; Hopkins is approximately 30-45 minutes away. Of course, automobile rentals are available at both airports. Below are some general directions.

From West:

Interstate 80E/90E (Ohio Turnpike) to Interstate 80E to Interstate 480E to Interstate 71N to Interstate 90E. Exit I-90E at Chester Avenue. Go east on Chester Ave 3 miles to intersection with Euclid Ave. Turn left on Euclid Avenue and go approximately 600 feet to Adelbert Rd. Turn right on Adelbert Rd. The Institute of Pathology is 900 feet on your left. The Adelbert Parking Lot is 400 feet beyond, also on the left.

From South:

Interstate 71N (Cleveland Hopkins Airport) to Interstate 90E. Exit I-90E at Chester Avenue. Go East on Chester Ave 3 miles to intersection with Euclid Avenue. Turn left on Euclid Ave. and go approximately 600 feet to Adelbert Rd. Turn right on Adelbert Rd. The Institute of Pathology is 900 feet on your left. The Adelbert Parking Lot is 400 feet beyond, also on the left.

Interstate 77N (Akron/Canton Regional Airport) to Interstate 90E. Exit I-90E at Chester Avenue. Go East on Chester Ave 3 miles to intersection with Euclid Avenue. Turn left on Euclid Avenue and go approximately 600 feet to Adelbert Rd. Turn right on Adelbert Rd. The Institute of Pathology is 900 feet on your left. The Adelbert Parking Lot is 400 feet beyond, also on the left.

From East:

Interstate 80W (Ohio Turnpike) to Interstate 77N to Interstate 90E. Exit I-90E at Chester Avenue. Go East on Chester Ave 3 miles to intersection with Euclid Ave. Turn left on Euclid Avenue and go approximately 600 feet to Adelbert Rd. Turn right on Adelbert Rd. The Institute of Pathology is 900 feet on your left. The Adelbert Parking Lot is 400 feet beyond, also on the left.

Interstate 90W to University Circle/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive exit. Take MLK Jr. Drive South 2.2 miles winding through Rockefeller Park. Cross East 105th St to the traffic circle. Go around traffic circle a little over halfway and turn right on East Boulevard. Take East Boulevard 0.36 miles to Ford Drive. Turn left and take Ford Drive 0.26 mi (past Glidden House Hotel on your left) to Euclid Avenue. Turn right on Euclid Ave and proceed 1500 feet to Adelbert Rd. Turn left onto Adelbert Rd. The Institute of Pathology is 900 feet on your left. The Adelbert Parking Lot is 400 feet beyond, also on the left. Take the elevator to the basement and walk straight ahead To All Hospitals. Follow butterflies on the wall and you will the Reception Desk to Hospital Basement Corridors. Continue to follow butterflies to the sign with the arrow to Humphrey. (Do not continue to follow the butterflies until they end because that will take you to Radiology.) You will see an Exit sign on the ceiling and Pathology on the wall and that is where you turn left down the hallway, take the elevator to the 2nd floor and turn right going to the end of the hallway.

General Information:

If you are dropped off or have taken a taxi to the Institute of Pathology, come in the door from the circular driveway and take the elevator to the second floor. Make a right off the elevator, go down to the end of the hallway and Room 204 will be on your left. My office is inside and back to the right labeled with the letter F and Pathology Residency Program.

You should plan to arrive by 9:00 AM and to leave by 2:00 PM at the latest. You will receive a tailored schedule 1-2 days before your interview day by email. Your day will begin with interviews with faculty members and the Director and a tour of the Department. A catered lunch and presentation is planned with the residents. We typically interview three candidates per day. To get a complete list of our faculty, residents and fellows, please see our web page at Case Western Reserve University, Department of Pathology and click on Faculty. Other pertinent information about our program is located there under Training.

The Glidden House Inn http://www.gliddenhouse.com/ is on the Case Western Reserve University campus and is walking distance to the hospital. Also take a look at Washington Place Bistro and Inn which is also just a short walk to campus. The Cleveland Clinic Guest House at 9601 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, 44106 - (216) 707-4200; see Hotel Cleveland Clinic Guesthouse, Cleveland, United States of America - Lowest Rate Guaranteed! or the pricier Cleveland Clinic Inter-Continental Suite Hotel at 8800 Euclid Avenue are also suitable accommodations close to the UHCMC campus; see CLEVELAND Hotels - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts CLEVELAND Hotel in CLEVELAND | Best Price Guarantee or First Night Free. I think the Inter-Continental provides shuttle service to University Hospitals. Remember to ask for the Resident rate. The Wyndham at Playhouse Square also provides shuttle service and also has a resident rate; see Cleveland Hotel - Wyndham Playhouse Square Cleveland Hotel Rates : Wyndham.com

If you are only here for the interview and do not want to rent a car, you might want to stay at an airport hotel and take our light rail system called the rapid transit red line from the airport to the University Circle stop and then take the shuttle to the Institute of Pathology. Upon exiting the rapid, head in a northerly direction to go down the stairs and leave the station on the E. 114th Street side. (You do not want to be on the Cedar Glen Parkway side.) Try this link to airport hotels http://cleveland.airporthotelguide.com/a...otels.html; prices vary considerably. If you are a Costco member, I think there is a discount at Best Western. For more information regarding public transportation, please go to http://www.gcrta.org/.

The Priceline link Cheap Flights, Hotels, and Rental Cars -- Discount Airfare | Priceline.com will provide you with the names of most downtown Cleveland hotels. My recommendation is to go on Priceline, choose downtown Cleveland, 3 stars or higher, and enter $50. Any hotel with those criteria will be approximately a 10 minute walk to Terminal Tower or a Healthline bus stop and 20 minutes by cab. Bus/rail fare will be $2.25; a taxi will charge approximately $35. It is a gamble but every applicant who has visited us and used Priceline has been happy with the hotel and price. These hotels are approximately 20 minutes by automobile to UHCMC. The rapid or bus can take you from downtown to the University Circle in 20 minutes. From there it is a 10 minute walk to the Institute of Pathology.

Last but not least, the Physicians-In-Training Host Program (formerly the Community Welcoming Program) can find you housing. The AMA Alliance, AMA Medical Student Section and AMA Resident/Fellows Section have joined forces to provide housing opportunities for medical students as they interview for residency. The program was created to help students cut down on interviewing costs, get to know the community surrounding their potential residency program, and to introduce them to the local medical society and Alliance. Through the Physicians-In-Training Host Program, students can expect a one-or-two-night stay in an Alliance member's home. Click on Housing for Residency Interviews. and click on training.

The weather in Cleveland is ranges from 30-75F at this time of year and can be raining or even snowing. Because the city is adjacent to one of the Great Lakes called Erie, weather can be unpredictable at times. Lake effect comes to Cleveland whenever the wind is blowing from the northwest over Lake Erie and the air is cold enough to pick up the moisture from the lake from warm summer temperatures. For more information about Cleveland, click on http://www.positivelycleveland.com/, University Hospitals http://www.uhhospitals.org/, Case Western Reserve University http://www.case.edu/, and University Circle

Dr. Kaplan and I hope this information helps you make decisions about housing and transportation. If you are running late for your interview, please call me on my cell phone 216-990-3570. If you are unable to reach me on that number, call me at 216-844-6046 and leave a message. One last thing that bears mentioning is that you will be doing some walking during your interview so I recommend wearing comfortable shoes.

Thank you for your interest in our program and we look forward to meeting you soon. Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jeannie June Sky St.Marie, B.A., C-TAGME

mailto:jeannie.stmarie@uhhospitals.org

Academic Residency Program Coordinator

University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Hi Judy3,

I got the same letter from the same program. Is it a spam? It's confusing.....

Pls let me know if you findout. Did you apply to this program?

thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »