Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accepted a prematch - ascaris
@ascaris

Congrats on your prematch. i see that you must have worked on your CV since last year wasn't favorable for you. please can you kindly mail me on dogoodr with personal tips and advice on how to improve ones CV, seeing that you must have done something really good to have obtained so many ivs. i will greatly appreciate the kind gesture.
@ascaris

Congrats...I am on a wailtlist from one of your list of programs. I was already offered an interview but they don't have interview slots..Can you please email me usmle38.

Thanks
@mle_09
Will be emailing about my withdraw from NRMP to rest of PCs today. Not sure how they allot my interview slot to someone in waiting list

@drdogood
1. I did observerships in a university hospital in NYC. One of the 3 interviews i received last year was from this hospital and the interviewer asked me to contact her in case i am interested in an observership. Obtained strong LORs from the director and the faculty member. Did observerships in Griffin and Maimonides. I mostly concentrated on my USCE for strengthening my CV.

@match@2012
The day at Coney started at 8:30AM and the actual interview was at 2PM

@usmle2012ny
I attended interview at Easton during the week of 10/10-10/14

@rblionel
Received the interview invitation at Case Western (metrohealth) on 10/12 and scheduled it on 1/11/2012
My 2 cents

Prematches offered by a program last year
http://www.nrmp.org/data/resultsanddatasms2011.pdf
The above url shows the positions went for match last year.
# of prematches = # of positions in freida - # of prelim positions - # of pos. that went for match
# of prelim positions have to be found from the progs website since frieda tell the total #of positions not just categorical

http://www.nrmp.org/data/resultsanddatasms2011.pdf
The above url tells the # of fellowship positions available at a program

http://www.abim.org/pdf/pass-rates/resid...-rates.pdf
ABIM Pass rate of programs.

@ascaris...i know people hav already been asking you questions abt coney island...i just have one question...do they ask questions only from our area of interest...are the questions very advanced or basic questions...?should we prepare a lot for the medical qs...what do u think? thanks...would really appreciate u r help..
Questions in cardiology started with a simple question and them became more and more complicated. In fact the interviewer said that he is going to ask more complicated questions at one point. Yes i was asked only in cardiology (my area of interest). I revised all my notes and lectures related to Cardiology.
@ascaris...sry to keep bugging you...could you pls answer my q...i hav an iv there soon...just wanna know if med qs are too advanced or simple ones...do we have to prepare a lot for them according to u?thanks..
thanks ascaris
@ascaris--congr8s buddy...!!u did d ri8 thing by accepting prematch at Coney..i m having my iv over ther in upcoming week...i want to knw that did they ask any routine iv Qs or only medical qs???didnt they ask u abt tell me abt urself,future goals,interests,sterngth??Cardiology is my weak point...n i m not interested in cardio..i want to work as an internist..so r they gonna ask me cardiology Qs?m really interested in CONEY ISLAND..!!u can also reply me on stonecold_fha.thanks a lot buddy..enjoy

THANKS ASCARIS FOR THIS WONDERFUL THREAD..God bless u..
@stonecold_fha
I was asked for my field of interest and then questions were based on that area.

Everyone
Can you please tell me any info about the IM program at Coney Island. Not that i can do anything much now but just wanted to know anything else i did not know from the hospital visit. Thanks everyone.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »