Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study group for Step 3 - examusmle
Hi,

I had a study group for step 2 CK which helped me a lot. So I thought I would do the same for step 3 as well. I just finished my step 2 CK last week and would like to start preparing for step 3 right away for 3 reasons:

1. It is easy to study for step 3 immediately after step 2, when the concepts are still fresh in mind

2. I have applied for 2012 residency matching and I am optimistic that I might get something. So I don't want to juggle around with both studying and working at the same time.

3. But either ways, I still want to take step 3 exam by end of this December, so that I can at least start my new year without having to worry about studying for USMLE anymore!!!

(I already have a partner (psych25) who is going to join me in Mid November and my other friends from CK thread (grad1980 & hopesahead) will join us later, once they are done with their exams).

But anybody is welcome to join, as long as you feel comfortable and find this method of studying useful for you.

We can support/motivate each other and share our study plans, exam tips etc. We can to report about our progress here via this thread every weekend. I find this means of studying better and more useful than skype.

My email: examusmle

Good luck to all of us Smile
Since I am new to step 3 prep, I don't know much about the study materials. So I browsed this forum.

This is what I understood as important, but please correct me if I am wrong.

UW Q bank and CCS
Kaplan lecture notes (but I only have ck notes)
Kaplan Q bank
MTB by Dr Conrad Fischer
Dr Archer/Reds CCS - Step 3 reviews and notes

Please anyone let me know if anything else needs to be added.
I'm in! I have tried and looked for kaplan step 3 notes on amazon, but they are from 2009-10. Could anyone pls tell me if these notes will have ccs? or do I need to buy the latest edition?
@psych25,

Hey buddy!!

Good to see you here! Thanks for the support, as always. Gives me a new strength Smile

yeah, I am in the process of collecting study materials too.

I am planning to do intermittent preparation until mid-November, since I also have to prepare for interviews alongside. But I thought it would be a good idea to make a start with step 3 prep and form a study group in order to keep up the motivation and commitment.
I am also getting ready for step 3 and would love to join you guys.
@creutzj,

Hi, you are more than welcome to join the inaugural party!!!!
Hi,

4 people have contacted me so far via email.

May I request you guys to post it here in the forum please, because I find it a bit time consuming to reply individual emails, especially if we are going to form a study group here via this thread.

@creutzj

Do you have any thoughts on which books to read?? I really want to know if i have to buy KLN step 3 books! Pls guys ,anybody....
I had 2 friends who got 80s and they have only used FA/MTB with UW

So I am also thinking of the same since I don't have much time for the exam.

What do you think?
hi,

I am in too. Please add me in your group.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »