Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help ! - exam4prep
Hi

Need urgent advice. Have my exam in 3 weeks. Gave UW self assessment 1 and got 160 as approximate 3 digit out of 290 self assessment score.

Please anyone explain what does it mean ? Should I postpone my exam ?

thanks..
I think you should postpone your exam. 160 in UWSA is too low of a score, considering that UWSA overestimates...
Thanks for your suggestion.

Can I improve more in this 3 weeks ?

made silly mistakes as I reviewed. Also should I see NBME score and another self assessment and then postpone ?
Of course, NBME will give you a more realistic picture.....How are your UW question bank scores?
finish all NBME right be4 the exam.
Thanks guys !

Have finished UW once and now on the 2nd revision getting 50-60% average.

Doing FA for the 2nd time in details.

Yes I am planning to take NBMEs before deciding finally haven't done any.

Hope revising on the weaker part will make it better, what say ?

Maybe do DIT because that guy tells you what is important in FA and you don't end up overlooking certain details.....I was reading things in FA but his lecture actually makes it stick. Watch one video and then spend one hour reviewing what you watched in the video....Trust me you will get good at FA. UW is a learning tool so don't worry much about your score on UW. If you are weak in Pathology then watch pathoma.com lectures. His lectures are very interesting and engaging. He helped me a lot with pathology and my scores jumped significantly. Pathology is a big part of this exam and that alone will raise your scores. I hope it helps....gl
yes I have already started revising Goljan RR and I agree with you, that patho is a strong point for STEP 1. I have listened to the Goljan lectures long before so don't retain anything.
I am still trying to pull up. Will not take NBME unless I revise more, getting bad score is very discouraging.

Thanks for all your great suggestions !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »