Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch at St. Barnabas, Bronx - mphphd
hey mphphd, did they require documents from your school for h-1 visa. the thing is i don't want them to see my school papers, because they might not understand why i study arts, are they going to know about it? please tell me, this is very important for me.
Hi mphphd. I also took St. B!
@Mphphd- Thanx for d advice dude. u r awesome. u deserve it i guess. I agree wit all ur views and visions and gudluck for u and sbh. i wish i too get a call from there.
Hi mphphd,

Do you mind sharing your email address please? Or will you pls email me at usmlekey . Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your prematch.. you must be relieved. Please I want to know how your performance on the day of the IV was?? Do they offer prematch based on your performance that day or because of your scores??? Also about ur answers to those typical questions?? I am guessing they must have been different right?? No sense in repeating what is there online?? Wat other tips do u have for the IV? I have only one, which is coming close and don't know how to start the preparation.. Thanks
I would like to congratulate you and appreciate you for sharing your 2nd interview experience. I was interviewed there, waiting for the second call. On my first interview, the asst PD asked me regarding my step 3 as I did not write yet. So, I assume that they might have asked you regarding your Step3 exam, and on which date you are planning to take it. Could you please let me know, your response to that question and whether they offered you a H1b or a J1? I heard a lot from others that in order to sign a contract, you would need step3 score prior to a prematch.

Awaiting your reply and all the best for your future.
Take care.
Hi mphphd,

Do you mind sharing your email address please? Or will you pls email me at jamesfares59 . Thanks in advance.

kumarsvc: Yes they did ask for my Step 3. I said I will be taking it in December. Step 3 is not required for a pre-match. Of the 5 who signed prematch 3 of us did not have step 3. I spoke to a few residents who are in their 2nd and 3rd year and they all signed their pre-match prior to step 3. So it is a wrong idea that step 3 is required for a prematch. In my first interview the assosiate PD did tell me that I should complete step 3 before starting residency because I will not have time during my residency to write my step 3. In the 2nd interview they did not mention or ask about about step 3 at all. I have not planned my step 3 yet but will write it in December.

jellyfish84: From what I understand they dont give immense importance to scores. If you have scores above 85 (1st attempt) I think that is fine. If you have high scores it is good for you but this is not a must. Yes, performance on the day of interview is important especially the first interview. I personally believe interview questions cannot be practised, prepared or memorized. I see other candidates write their answers in papers prior to interview and review them before they go for the interview. Believe me everybody in the program read the same forum that we are currently on. During the first interview the chief resident told us what he has read in this forum about their program and how untrue it was. I think even associate PD reads this forum especially related to their program. So if you prepare answers to commonly asked questions from forums then it becomes stereotyped and monotonous.

This is what I think about interviews. Go well dressed, on time. Firm hand shake, confident walk. Look into the interviewers eyes and speak. I believe more than what you talk it is the unheard voice that comes from your mear prescence and mannerism that convince people. This unheard voice should project that I am here because I know I am good and I deserve to be here and that you wanted me to be here. Then, I know I will benefit a lot from your program and you will benefit from me too. Then, this unheard voice should say I am full of energy and an aim to achieve and I know I will convince you and I know that you are slowly being convinvced. When I complete the interview this voice should convince the interviewer that If I let this guy go will I miss something valuable for my program. If you achieve this then you did great on the interview.

This is how I approch interviews. I can do all this only when I speak what is there in my heart. You should lead the interview and you should not be lead by the interviewer. It is like playing "Kabadi". Pull the interviewer into your territory and whatever you want him to hear pause and make strong eye contact so that he asks more about it and you can lead him without him knowing. Where ever you are not comfortable try to brush it and not pause or make strong eye contact. This is how I face interviews.
Thank you for the reply.
Thank you!!!!! That helps a lot.. I was getting nervous about how to prepare for the iv as i have only one and i hear people practicing researching, getting to know about the faculty etc. I don' t know anything about the program as they dont' have a website. I also don't know anybody who could help me. So u said that if u dont feel comfortable wid some question don't make eyecontact right??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »