Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
92/97/pass, no interview is it a unfair gamble? - believelv
I have lost all the happiness when I got the USMLE score. I had thought I have a good chance to be matched with this mid 90s. But I am wrong, I overlook the competition and my disadvantage, I am 9-10 yrs post graduate, even I am only 31 yrs old , I am a Chinese, no American experience. I am quite dishearted that I did not get any interview. every mail I opened said we had large volume of applicants, we felt sorry to inform you ---- , American is my dream, However I don't think it is my destination, I am sure I will be even better in my homecontry, Congratulate every one of you who get the interview ,especially those Chinese either in American or other contries
I'm glad you didn't get any invitations.

Every one who gets invited deserves to be congratulated.
Not only the chinese!!!

Bye, bye. Don't miss your plane.
I have a feeling that you applied late. To have a good chance one would need to apply early September and with Step 3. Looking at your post you will need to improve you English.

Don't bother about malicious post.

Good Luck
hi believelv,
Dont give up. you should run after your dream. I want to ask u a question. my fiancee is a chinese and we will marry soon. Do u think that it is possible for me to work as doctor? Does china need doctor? what should I do? I would be glad if you can help me
your credentials are good and hope you will get more calls .
hey! u've got cracker scores, u shud not think of giving up. just hang in there, improving ur english as john78 said is a good idea. dont u think of going back unless ofcourse u have other reasons. I can assure u that u will be called, i am not chinese but have many chinese friends who have made it to residency and are doing very well now. its just a matter of time. perhaps u want to get some clinical letters from US docs, may be an odd externiship, a review article, some case reports with some residents, be more proactive, go meet people, talk to them and dont quit..just take it easy buddy, the best thing going to come to u when u r easy and relaxed and expect them the least. GL
don't give up,i am img and 9 yr old graduate,applied 0n 10 nov and got 2 interview calls since then.don't get upset .good luck.
hi believelv! your scores are very decent... so don`t give up... stay for a couple of months and wait for some calls, i`m sure they will call you. did you try calling the programs that you applied or did you ever write them a follow up letter about your application... say i am dr. ____with a scores of __ and____ , ecfmg certified. you have nothing to lose if you try this. wish you all the best.
long silence from believelv, i think tj, he already took the plane...
believelv you might want to wait and see the outcome of this match. I Hope you will get matched. But if you don't "God Forbidd" don't give up you hav
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »