Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how is sisters of charity ,buffalo program - sujju
thanks.
small community program.
initially there were two programs.sister of charity and mercy hospital. they have merged into one program now.. it is community based university of buffalo affiliated program. resident are considered as part of UNI. of Buffalo system.. residents from this program are preferred for future fellowship at UNIV. of Buffalo over other outsider candidates with equal credentials.. many FMGs.. good educational training. dedicated faculties..WHAT ELSE WE LOOK FOR...?.
I know someone in SUNY/university Buffalo......he says he doesn't know of anyone from sisters of charity or mercy hospital who is in the fellowship program there.I think you're wrong about that part.Previously there used to be another program milliard where they had a poor fellowship placement.As for sisters of charity I wouldn't say its a really good program.Its just an average community hospital like most hospitals out there.
let me clarify... I said it is Uni. of buffalo affiliated; not univ. based.... residents are considered as part of the uni. of buffalo system; not actually as uni. of buffalo resident.. and last but not the least; it is my belief about the program...
Just becoz a hospital is affiliated with a certain university it doesn't mean their residents are given preference over other hospital residents!If going by that argument every year I'm sure some residents from st. barnabas and Lincoln health go to columbia for fellowship since they have an affiliation with that university?Do they.......???

My sources tell the me the program isn't too great and as pointed above just a community hospital.You're mistaken raja123, hardly anyone goes into fellowship in to uni. Buffalo from there.
Even my friend from Buffalo university tells me that there aren't any fellows from sisters of charity in uni. buffalo. I'm sorry to say your assumption is incorrect.An affiliated hospital doesn't carry much importance since an university and the affiliated hospital work independantly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »