7. UNIV. OF WISCONSIN, MADISON, WI- PSYCH- RESEARCH TRACK
8. UNIV. OF WISCONSIN, MADISON, WI- PSYCH- CATEGORICAL
9. LOYOLA UNIVERSITY, CHICAGO, IL- PSYCH
10. COOK COUNTY, CHICAGO, IL- IM
11. HARBOR HOSPITAL, BALTIMORE, MD- IM
12. TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, PHILADELPHIA, PA- NEURO
13. ADVOCATE CHRIST- UIC, CHICAGO, IL- IM
14. UPMC SHADYSIDE, PITTSBURGH, PA- IM
15. UNIV. OF WISCONSIN, MADISON, WI- NEURO (may not rank)
16. GUTHRIE- ROBERT PACKER, SAYRE, PA- IM (may not rank) (pre-match offered and will refuse)
17. UNIV. OF VIRGINIA, ROANOKE, VA- IM/ PSYCH (may not rank) (I refused pre-match)
18. D.C DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH, ST. ELIZABETH HOSPITAL, DC- PSYCH (will not rank)
19. LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY, LOMA LINDA, CA- PSYCH (will not rank)
Hey babyaspirin81:
Congratulation for great ROL:
I have an advice:
Next time fo ur next interviews, when you have 5 interviews for e.g at:
University of Michigan, IM
University of Michigan, Surgery
University of Michigan, Psych
University of Medicine, Neuro
University of Michigan, IM/Psych

My advice is doing those 5 interviews at the same day instead of keep coming to the same place on different days. Start for e.g at 7:00 am with IM at 10:00 am tell them please I have an interview with surgery team next building so can I leave, then 10:00 to 12:00 with surgery and then 12:00-2:00 with psych ( Be careful with Psych people b/c they might keep you for a while) then 2:00-4:00 with Neuro and 4:00-6:00 IM /Psych. If you have more interviews there you can do interview in IM from 9:00-11:00 pm with the night float team instead of morning interview.....

B/c you know interviews cost alot and by this way you can save alot...Good luck

I tried that twice...

I had Mayo Clinic surgery on December 5

and Mayo Clinic Psychiatry on same date...tried to schedule on consecutive days....and ended up on the same date...cancelled surgery interviewm there...

same with University of Wisconsin...

You think I am a dud like you to apply to Internal Medicine alone just beacuse everyone applies to IM...

I seriously doubt if you even have the intellectual capacity to think about a specialty choice!!!!

Grow up Dude

Baby Aspirin

No, ofcourse, no one has the intellectual capacity you have, you are outstanding and also I think that IM is not that specialty that deserves you. You deserve to be in a much better specialty like Psychiatry b/c there, they might work on some issues that you have.

FYI, IM is for idiots like you...who cannot get into nothing else and apply to IM because everyone else applies to....

and you must be another one of the duds who loves cardiology....grow up, have a life and think outside the box...

Don't waste my time...go off to your small community hospital desperate for desperate IMGs!!!!

Despicable Plavix...

Wonderful Aspirin

Baby Aspirin
I think I should stop here...
It is my fault from the beginning. I shouldnt reply to your post, I admit.
I should know that all people with personality disorders are insightless!! so why to keep posting. I wish u the best of luck...
this forum has turned into such a toilet. sucks.

Babyaspirin, what is your opinion on Carilion in Roanoke? Why did you turn down prematch?? thanks and congrats on good programs

Why I refused pre-match?

1. I had enough interviews, that too at pretty good programs at big universities that I had coming up. I have decided not to accept pre-matches anywhere.

2. The program wasn't great. was not bad either. 100 % IMGs. not a lot of research,. that put me off. Roanoke isnt a place I would like to live. Clinical training good. PD was very nice and had focus on resident education.

Good luck.

Baby Aspirin
Hi baby aspirin
I can see you are mentioning name of some very good programs.I just want to figure out,what do you have that I dont have and that makes me stand in the row with only 4 interviews and you getting such big interviews.I am not interested in knowing bcz I feel itchy but bcz I really want to know the areas weak in my application which I can work on if I didnot get the residency of my choice this year.
credentials 94/99/no usce/gc/graduated 2004.applied to 40 hospitals including the ones which are considered good competitive programs.I am interested in internal medicine.
Plz help me understand bcz I wont give up and settle down on something JUST FOR THE SAKE OF RESIDENCY.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »