Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Residents For Residency - busymomdoc
Hi.
I am starting an organization about us, the Legal IMGs with ECFMG certification.Over the last weekend I met with US Representative and Chairman of Homeland Security Mr. Peter King in South Asian Political Action Committee (SAPAC )luncheon where I raised the issue of the legal US. residents not getting residencies while IMG who need visas(who also happen to be having trouble getting visas) are making a mess of the matching process.So my point was that we as legal residents live here as law abiding citizens, paying our taxes and going through American medical systems by having routine physical exams or by being patients here, we better understand and better communicate American medical system so we fairly deserve preference over non legal IMGs who not only need visa but also need whole lot of back ground check and every thing which we do not need because as I said we live here, most of us have families,homes, proper credit histories.The other point I raised is when these nonlegal IMGs finish there residencies most of them have to leave the country as they are unable to secure visa sponsoring jobs, wasting $250,000-$300,000 of our hard earned taxpayers money on their residency training and leaving America's physician shortage in place.On the other hand we as legal ECFMG certified residents do not need sponsorship so we in fact save Immigration department thousands of dollars.I made page of Legal Residents for Residency.If you visit it and register on it and we can show the support we need we might get our voice and concern be heard.I also emailed Rep.King about it and he responded me by looking into this matter and find a solution
@busymomdoc, i think you are posting this on the wrong forum as most of the people on here are not citizens and need visas.
hahahaha Pathetic LOSER!!!!!

HEY! YOU KNOW WHAT?? I AM FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY, I CAME TO US, ACE THE EXAMS, GOT A LOT OF INVITATIONS FOR IV AND GOT A PREMATCH. THE PROGRAM IS PAYING ME ALL THE LEGAL FEES FOR THE H1B VISA!

SUCK ON THAT AZHOLE! MEDICINE IS FOR THE BEST QUALIFIED, NOT FOR THE "LEGAL" RESIDENTS !

PS, ALL IMG'S ARE LEGAL IN THE US, EITHER WE HAVE F1, B1,B2 OR WHATEVER VISA THIS COUNTRY ISSUES.

YOU SHOULD BE STUDYING INSTEAD OF CRYING IN THE SHOULDERS OF POLITICIANS, YOU SAD BSTRD
Hi. We already have created such group "Residency Ready Physicians" on USMLE Forum and working since march with AMA and AAPI. 288 members so far. Join us
@sheelamd : I agree with you even though i am us permanant resident...residency is only for persons who are qualified not resident...and i suggest busymomdoc should have some idea of what the word legal and illegal means before using it...all IMGs are legal here on different categories of visas except that they are not resident or citizen of the US....
@ NEVIANA DIMOVA

YOU ARE LAME, SORRY TO SAY THAT TO YOU BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO BE A NICE PERSON, BUT HONESTLY, YOU MISSED YOUR TRAIN BB, BEING A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN IN THIS COUNTRY DOESNT ENTITLE YOU TO ANY RESIDENCY.
IN ALL THESE YEARS YOU DIDNT MATCH NOT BECAUSE THE FOREINGNERS TOOK YOUR SPOT, YOU DID NOT MATCH BECAUSE YOU ARE UNDER QUALIFIED, YOU ARE A VERY OLD GRADUATE, WITH LOW SCORES AND THAT IS THE AWFUL TRUTH.

YOUR POOR LIFE CHOICES HAD LEAD YOU TO THIS POINT, NOT US. FIGTHING FOR A LEGAL RIGHT TO BE CHOSEN OVER NON US CITIZENS IMGS IS JUST STUPID AND SELFISH.

@ sheelamd,

Sorry to say that your behavior is sub-standard. This is a forum for discussion and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Please do respect others.
the amount of ignorance is absolutely disgusting
just because you are a green card holder doesn;t entitle you to anything.
And to be quite blunt, this still ISNT your country...you are not a citizen are you ?
how would you feel if a citizen insisted he/she be chosen over you ??

also, people on h1b/j1 visa are NOT illegal. They are also legal residents who pay taxes, just like who. They have a right to be in this country just like you...so get off your high horse.

FYI: I am a green card holder, and I still disagree with you.
If you are so good....why don't u stay home and treat your own people instead of coming here for money. Medicine is not about money....its about peoples lives. How would u feel if I can only treat ur mother if you pay me enough money to do so....other wise let her die??? STAY HOME!!!
@sheelamd
I'm sorry to say that,but this is sad that people with your attitude and mind are able to come to medicine fieldSad
what ever busymomdoc said in the post,is a personal idea,why a person "whose name will be doctor" and has people's life in his/her hand,should act like impolite and unprofessional
it is realy sadSad
most of us came from 3rd world,but is this the way to act...??!!
we are educated people from 3rd world,we should be a rolemodel for next generation and show the best behaviour as a 3rd world person,not what you did....
with acting like u,it is no wonder that "world" look at us as "3rd world"
Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »