Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience (second edition!!!!!) - amirh899
congratulations for amazing score!
n thank you for wonderul advice... can u send me the material too plz? vivek_m_4u
congrats.rocking score
drsaraafzal
hey dear i have just a confusion please respond if u feel easy.
USPSTF ???? how can i reach at a particular site where i must know the material that ll appear in exam..
if u have a site please mention that one.
uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstopics.htm here is the site. This organization is responsible for making guidelines for US and is linked to government i think , so its recommendations are more reliable than any other organization. However if anything is not presented here (for example VUR in children, when to screen) then you should rely on other organization. Nearly anything can be asked in the exam, but the priority is with most commons.
Thanks a lot dear..
hey bro!
Just opened the site and then reached there but there is much detail ,, it becmes vague for me to jump for particular topics there.. i hope its not irritating u i want to make myself clear where exactly should i go on and what are the exact topics that u recommend ???.. I am sorry if u r being bothered.
ok doc
my email address is tuberos.sclerosis
Congratulations!!! You are an example for all of us IMGs!

Could you please clarify what do you mean by: Psych-->Kaplan Neuro-->FA IM-->mainly Kaplan (other than dermato, hemato, GI which primarily FA) OBs/Gyn-->blueprint Surgery-->Kaplan
So sorry, I'm sure that it's just me.

Also you wrote "study both of these with one of them as the main text, and add points of the other in your main text". Which one was your main text?

Could you please send me a copy of the study material as well. franceschino
Thanks a lot and congrats again.
@nowckturn: browse through all topics, most of them have inadequate evidence! so you will just bypass it! some of them have A or B statement and you should know them all. Studying all topics take you less than 5 hours in total even if you are a slow reader. Each topic has only one or two sentences.
@ukgrad10
Psychiatry: Kaplan only (+ ancillary references in some cases that I had doubt for example UpToDate)
Neurology: mainly FA (+Kaplan and other references when I need them, again like uptodate or Harrison)
IM(hemato, GI from FA + kaplan as complement) (all the other Kaplan as main text+ FA as complement)
Sugery (Kaplan as main text+ FA+ Case files in some cases mainly GI surgery)
ObsGYn(blueprint as main text, kaplan as complement)
Ethics( 100 cases fisher, and Kaplan)
thanks amir ( I Guess ur name ). I think in that site http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce...ultrec.htm.. This page is important that shows recommendations for cancers and other diseases.. and that u want to say .. if there is some thing else then please let us know and thank u very much for ur co-operation.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »