Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
253/85 - drarnab
Thankful to god. The exam has become much more difficult than UWorld. Many things are being tested that are beyond Kaplan. Thank you to those who have supported me through my endeavors. I finish my USMLE journey today 253/253/PAss/Grad 2007.

Best wishes to all on our tough journey.
congrats.

You got ur score so pls move onto the next section or forum. Stop fear mongering.
i can understand why you feel upset, i think you can either be afraid of something or take it as a challenge. What i mentioned here should make people accept there might be some surprises in the exam. When i was taking the exam i would be a lot more at ease knowing that it was tough for everyone. I have nothing to gain from fear mongering! Anyway... drop the cavalier attitude and youd go further. Best wishes.
hey doc, share ur prep n exam experience.
why do u think the exam was much more difficult?
you drop the fear mongering and move on to ur next exam. Im not upset at all buddy and its actually funny how ppl like u do the exam and then come here and say it's beyond kaplan and UW.

you did it and so can anyone else.

anyways..... good luck in the future.
When was your exam? I had mine on nov 8, waiting for my results.
Hey congrats drarnab; What books did you read other than kaplan & uw?????
Prep time - 5 months.
Books used - Kaplan Notes for CK and Videos , MTB for step 2CK , UCV surgery and case files Psychiatry (overkill except for a great psychopharmacology part)

Qbanks Used - Kaplan bank 65% ( tough fact oriented questions but more like current format) , UWorld 70% ( Intelligence and concept oriented questions - very god bank) - I did not do these questions over and over..

Exam experience - had a tough time sleeping (didnt sleep a single minute) , and thought that the exam was very hard, that has been discussed by my friends before -it was mainly hard because there were two competing options in many of them which i had to use intuition to get at..

another reason i felt it was hard because things were vague... the hypertensives were borderline hypertensives... sometimes for pregnancy management the dates were uncomfortably close to the "guidelines".. etc

i made MANY mistakes, i think the score is still high because the marking is relative to others... so guys.. if you see hard questions please dont freak out... you will do great.

friends, just do ur best in prep. qs are similar to uw.
so wud u recomend doing kaplan qbank or is uworld enuff
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »