Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sp for ck in jan/feb - ckinjan
My report: I finished 100 question from UW yesterday with average score of 64%. Today I plan to finish remaining questions from Hemat and move on to Neuro.

@seemi : how is it going? I think you will pick up the speed now. I would advice you not to get stressed. Just decide some achievable goal for the day and finish that..
I would have loved to join you for Kaplan notes.. but my UW subscription is expiring soon. I have to finish the first round of questions. After that I plan my second reading of Kaplan along with MTB for the same subject.

@Sal10: how is it going? How is the progress so far?

@usmleaimhigh: Updating my progress has helped me. Even when I feel low, I get motivated to study sometime only because I have to update what I did.. It is like confronting ourselves. It keeps watch. .. All days are not the same .. so you will cover up your studies for the "boring days"!

All the best people .. Lets study hard!
hi all

sorry wasn't able to check in for few days.. Study was a bit slow..

@hint- I have few chapters left in Im to review I just did those ,, my next target is epidemiology n ethics ( I'm so afraid of those that I never able to finish) I donno what's gonna happen this time :-(

I agreed with you..its boring n frustrating..but if we work together and motivate hopefully with GOD help we can do it..

@seemi- don't get upset..50 pg/day isn't that bad,,, when I statred it was only 30! But now I can manage 50-60 ,, so just try to study as much as you can..
dear friends

my report ! did Peds (54pages) & Obs(37pages) during last 3 days, now this has come to the point that subject wise mught be better, but i believe that 30pages are doable, 50 pages r like m running running & running & in the end retention z like 20%.
then next day feel like revising the thing rather moving on with almost nothing in mind.

@hint , thanks dear, my speed z lowering now, i just dont know why ? perhaps immense pressure of circumstances, i have to fight with myself then circumstances & then studies. Life is struggle these days !!!!

@sal10 , yeah it's very frustrating , but i felt that mtb3 z better than mtb2, i wonder if u guys think the same, 30pages of mtb3 are enough, coz there z more material than mtb2.

i so much wana finish mtb3 soon & then Kaplan notes, if anyone can be with me on that , otherwise i know that we are together & our mutual motivation will lead us to our destination , coz i believe that all we are capable of achieving anything, inshAllah !!!

good luck to all !!!
i have a Q to all,

when i was doing UW first time, i wasted so much so much time in making notes from UW, what i reading now, but mostly the notes are so random to organize , plz tell me that right now m doing mtb3,
& i have UW girl interrupted notes, what u guys suggest , that should i read my own random UW notes or Girl interrupted notes, as they seem like very organized, if somebody has read them already can tell me what to do ???
@ seemi : Life is tough (no doubt) but we have to fight back with equal strength (even more strength at times). I would suggest you read System wise rather than counting pages. If you finish one system a day or may be two systems are day, you will have comprehensive idea and all differential diagnosis and investigations. At the same, for difficulty in certain area you can refer different things (like books and internet). Thus you won't feel bad if certain number of pages are not achieved instead one system/subject will be revised nicely.

Secondly, about the UW notes , I take notes only in difficult areas or areas where I repeatedly do mistakes or for those which are not discussed in given books. So I would be benefited if I read my own notes as I remm the thought process while writing them (and sometimes questions also). So accordingly I will suggest use your notes. But decision is up to you.
@hint, thank u so much dear, yeah ur right that thought process definitely hits the brain when we read our self written nites, & about subject wise , yes ur right, it gives kind of a plot to remain in .
hope this struggle gets over & then i will be able to deal with the things better, m very hyper & jittery when i have to keep studies along :-)
but thank u so much for ur motivation , i pray & wish u the best ahead.
plz share ur plan , i skimmed the pages of this thread to find out about all of us, who z doing what ? so that if somebody gets delayed regarding the exam month, we should push each other. no idea when ckinjan would be back, coz i think according to prep, his/her exam is in jan, m planing for Feb , inshAllah !!!
hi seemi n hint- good to see that you are motivating each other.. I also agreed with hint about reading subjectwise..

I'm in a problem here..earlier I told you that I want to study epidem,,but I couldn't...just think of that topic making me sick,, I don't know what to do.... I started but couldn't continue... Any suggestions? I know its really funny or lame to ask,,,but I don't know what else go to :-(
Which drug will kill the patient of urticaria?
A)terfinadine
B)hydroxyzine
C)benadryl
D)xetirizine
T/m of oral acyclovir resistant herpes is
A) iv acyclovir
B)foscarnet
C)famciclovir
Dvalacyclovir
hi folks....thought i could finish uw cardio yes,but will round it up today,then do haem and onco uw...its a little bit difficult cos of my baby.Not doing so well in cardio..so far 51%..its discouraging but m gonna move on.keep it up folks...m here
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »