Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME3 discussion. any one can drop in! - grad1980
hi guys, starting NBME discussion today n plan to wrap it up as soon as possible.
everybody is invited n can jump in when ever ready.
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=301869

i've posted this link here since it has Qs and answers (mostly right) given here for every bodies convenience. we can start from where u guys think that the posted answer is wrong.

i know its a short cut but its worth saving time.
21. A 3-month-old boy is brought to the physician in January because of difficulty breathing, clear nasal discharge, and cough for 24 hours. His temperature is 37.6°C (99.6°F), blood pressure is 88/54 mm Hg, pulse is 168/min, and respirations are 60/min. Bilateral wheezing, prolonged expiration, and a grade 2/6 systolic murmur along the left sternal border are heard. The liver is palpated 3 cm below the right costal margin. An x-ray film of the chest shows bilateral hyperinflation and no cardiomegaly. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
O A) Adenovirus pneumonia
O B) Congestive heart failure
O C) Influenza A virus pneumonia
O D) Respiratory syncytial viral bronchiolitis
O E) Staphylococcal pneumonia
0 F) Status asthmaticus

i think its A, any body wants to correct me?
31. A 55-year-old man with alcoholic cirrhosis is hospitalized for 2 weeks in April for treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding. His last immunization for diphtheria-tetanus (Td) was 6 years ago. Which of the following is the most appropriate management prior to discharge?

O A) Administration of immune globulin
O B) Inactivated poliovirus vaccine
O C) Influenza virus vaccine
O D) Pneumococcal vaccine
0 E) Td toxoids

i donno why i still wanna give him flu shot in April.
any thoughts why it shouldn't be C
hi grad1980
i got nbme3 from from examusmle...but this form is not similar to that one in yr thread....i am confused....can u plz post form3 here.....
grad il join u,somethn came up
36. A 42-year-old man with hypertension is brought to the emergency department 1 hour after the onset of chest discomfort, severe headache, irritability, and confusion. His blood pressure is 2201148 mm Hg. Examination shows papilledema. Urinalysis shows blood. An ECG shows ischemic changes with left ventricular hypertrophy. A CT scan of the head shows no abnormalities. Which of the following is the most appropriate pharmacotherapy?

O A) Atenolol
O B) Captopril
O C) Diltiazem
O D) Furosemide
O E) Guanethidine
O F) Hydralazine
O G) Losartan
O H) Methyldopa
O I) Nitroprusside
O J) Prazosin
0 K) Thiazide diuretic

now both F and I have mortality benefits in M.I but what is the answer?
any comments?
in my form block 1 ,21 number is different.....oh no....
hello angel8, i'm sorry friend, i downloaded NBME3 long time ago via a link on this forum, i donno how to post that here. thats why i'm posting Qs here so that it refreshes our minds about the Qs we did.

u can however look at the link i've posted n see the Qs n answers there n compare to what u have, may b it can help. or u can post ur Qs here n we'll try to help each other.

@doc499, no problem, i'll be waitingSmile
hey can someone PLEASE tell me the right answer for q 39 Block 2???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »