Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just a few words - samira
Dear friends
May be I sounded strange,may be I couldnot tell u exactly what I want to say,may be I have a bad expression.I will speak as a WOMAN.No religion involved,just the feminine side of the picture.
I wrote this on the basis of FACTS.Its not some made up story.It happened to a woman who came to this country leaving all her family behind,and a family who is well educated,full of doctors.A woman who is strong and motivated,and who had studied all his life with men in co education systems.I know there will be many things happening to women all the time and may be all of us have become desensitized to all this.But I atleast had the idea that this culture is a civilized culture and people here respect human rights.
For a woman,her purity,her chasity is everything.For a woman,its a basic right to be respected as a human being.Even if she is a whore,its her right to decide what she wants to do.No one has the right to take her for granted just bcz she is a woman.I dont know about others,but having the feeling of being molested,being touched against your will,being USED and being helpless is something that hurts me ,NO MATTER WITH WHOM IT HAPPENED.But as a woman,I feel ashamed and I feel the urge to stop that.
May be it sounds funny,but if I didnot stop this today and be aware,my own daughter will be the next victim in a public library.I am not at all saying that u need a body guard all the time,but SISTERS,U just be careful.If a guy 60 years old can come and talk in a very nice way while doing in appropriate things ,and u r confused whether you are taking it in a wrong way or he is actually trying to harass you or in open words MOLEST YOU.
I dont think it has to do anything with religion.Every religion gives women their basic rights.Its just that I feel safe when my husband or my brothers are around.I feel the protection that I am a weak creation physically by nature and I have someone to whom I can go and get help.This is not about female schovinism here.Its a nature's way of creation.No matter how strong I am,I can never over power a man unless I am a professional wrestler.
I am just addressing those girls who think all americans are nice.We come from a different culture,and atleast I thought this is a better culture.But this is a fact that we have to watch for ourselves.Avoid talking to strangers.Even dressing conservative has nothing to do with that.They say'a sick person donot look at faces'.Even the fact of the day is,they wont go near a confident girl who will slap in their faces.They target more benign looking girls whom they know they can target easily.They will never go for a girl who is bold enough to wear revealing clothes.But they will choose the one who wont even report for the sake of honour.
I am really not talking to anyone who is not concerned.If I could help even a single woman out there,I will be thankful to God.There are many strong women who can take care of themselves and go by themselves without the need of a man in their life.as far as that girl I am talking about,she was all alone by herself and this happened.
AGAIN,plz dont take this into that type of discussion.I really beg u bcz this can happen to your sister,your daughter too.and u wont laugh when that will happen.It shatters your dignity apart.
Hi Samira,

I understand u fully well and what ur trying to say. But this is a time , where everbody is stressed out because of interviews, prematch, outcome of the match.

Hence they r venting out their emotions in a different way.

Just move on.

GL
God keep u safe from all such hurdles amen
When a woman is alone, always be alert. When a woman is molested, call 911.

The above action has nothing to do with which country she comes from, education she received etc. It's just something a mom would tell her daughter, a teacher would tell his/her students. Sorry if I missed the background information about your event, but it just looks to me being a female IMG doesn't make such things any special.
Yes dear this is the point I want to emphasize.atleast My mother never told me this.All I knew was the world is a safe place and nothing will go wrong if you are not wrong. Really it looks strange,but there are still some families where you are just not told how bad things can get.Just bcz it is a matter of an embaressinf topic to have a discussion on.I am going to tell my daughter all this,but I learned it the hard way.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »