Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlicensed House physician - kompete_xy
how do you apply for this position and is it considered as USCE?
I haven't heard of such a thing. Is it from an ad? You need a license ; training if u r a resident; in order to practice medicine in the us
Hello Belle, well I did found the position online, still do not know what know what the qualifying criterias are..

We have received your application for the position of HOUSE PHYSICIAN (Unlicensed)-1105005228 and are currently reviewing your experience and qualifications.
By your submission, your application is now available to all Tenet facilities nationwide. Should your career requirements and qualifications match a position, a Tenet recruiter will contact you.
We thank you for your interest in Florida Region>224-Florida Medical Center - Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Best regards,
Human Resource Department
Florida Region>224-Florida Medical Center - Fort Lauderdale, FL
EOE.M/F/D/V

@kompete_xy - yeah,, u r right , I have also heard about it in some New York hospitals , but I don't have enough information.
could you please give me the website info........
When I googled the term "unlicensed house physician" I found a document "FHA (Florida Hospital Association) Task Force on Addressing the Crisis in Emergency Care Services" which seems to say that Florida has allowed "unlicensed house physician" to work under licensed physicians. See second d of the following (source: http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/trauma.../partb.pdf) :

To Ease the Shortage of Physicians Taking ED Call
1. Increase the supply of physicians
a. Require the Board of Medicine and the Board of Osteopathic Medicine to expand and
enhance licensure data to assess whether a shortage of physicians exists and which
specialty areas are most affected. This would include identification of additional data
elements addressing physician characteristics, medical specialty, and practice settings
that should be collected through the licensure process.
b. The state should monitor gaps in the availability of specialties.
c. Increase state funding for residency programs. Develop strategies, such as incentives and
grants, to encourage Florida medical school graduates to stay in Florida. .
d. Consider using physicians with medical degrees without a Florida license as a “house”
physician. The Board of Medicine permits these unlicensed “house” physicians to be
employed by a hospital and used for duties such as histories and physicals, laboratory
work, and other functions approved by the medical staff. The “house” physician must
work under the direct supervision of a Florida-licensed physician.
e. Modify requirements for limited licenses to permit a more expedited application and
licensure process before the Board of Medicine and Board of Osteopathic Medicine under
chapter 458 and chapter 459, F.S., for physicians wanting to volunteer their time to help
the uninsured. A current out-of-state license should be permitted as a substitute for some
of the required documentation such as educational background. Also, background checks
by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation
should be expedited.
f. Streamline hospital and health plan credentialing processes to expedite granting of
privileges to newly licensed and out-of-state physicians interested in practicing in
Florida.
is it true?
that post is talking about out of state license,,not IMG doctors
@mylifeishell Maybe your life is that way cause you want it to be. If you would have look further into the fsmb.org and went to the Florida Board of Medicine, then click on licensing, then click on residents, interns, fellows and house physician, then click requirements you would find that under the house physician description it clearly states that includes IMGs!!!
Ola imginveduc7 .... todo bien??
This thread is very old and most people are already in residencies.
Yeah todo bien, I was guessing since it was march of last year that that person had not gotten a residency match. I'm hoping this march '14 is their lucky break!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »