Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offered a prematch - sliced
I was offered a pre match. Although interested in the program there are other programs I interviewed at that I like better. Is it ok to contact, other programs PD/PC and let them know that I have been offered a pre match but would rather be at their institution, so if i were to get a pre match from them I would accept it.?

How do I go about doing this without looking like I am negotiating or bargaining. Whats a polite way to word it? Should I call and talk directly instead? If I were to do that, what should I say?

Thanks
That wouldn't sound professional. My friend many years back denied a prematch and took a risk and went for the match meaning she didnt call all the other programs and discussed how she was offered prematch etc. This is from real experience. Its your call in the final. Hope this helps dr.sliced.

Bensha.
i don't think it will affect the other programs that much if you tell them you were offered a prematch somewhere. If they are very interested in you, they will offer you a spot. Otherwise you can ask them about a prematch but I personally wouldn't tell them that I'm being offered another one as well. It might sound like you are bragging or bargaining in a way.
Thats what I thought too..
may be some programs might be interested in you and would have plans to offer a prematch late in dec or jan. So if i were you i would contact those programs which have the tradition of giving pematches. I personally feel its not about bargaining or bragging but letting them know ur genuinely interested!
yea let them know you are really interested without mentioning your current prematch. i'm sorry but that just sounds way to tacky to tell them hi i have been offered a prematch, so can you offer me one too?? its just not professional thats all
yeah the ironic thing is I am the last person to brag. For petes sake I am a foreign grad. I am just lucky to have the opportunity to fulfill my dreams. But you never know how the person reading the email would interpret it as.
@sliced- do u mind saying where u got d prematch offer?
@linezoloid I am not comfortable yet given that my situation is still in limbo. I hope you understand.
I dont see why not. Write it in a professional way. Especially if you are going to go with the prematch program and have no problems with it.
It would make the other programs feel more wanted and give you an higher consideration.
Can you share you step scores? Are you an FMG or a carribean grad
congrats btw!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »