Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Externship in Richmond, Virginia - neurons
I am looking for externship in Richmond. Can anyone please tell me which hospital or residency program is offering this? please someone help me in this regard.
Someone plz guide me?
@neurons, I doubt you ll find programs offering externship outright. You have to try and contact Drs in hospitals/clinics in your area and see if they'd let you shadow them from, here you can see if they know other docs in the teaching hospitals and so on. In short it's all about networking. It's hard to start from nowhere but you just have to try. If you live close to VCU, see if you can attend grand rounds in the dept you are interested in and take it from there. You should be able find info about their grand rounds etc on their website.
Goodluck!
And also try to find volunteer work at big hospital in your area and then you being as an insider and volunteer can get access to the doctors in different depts. sometime they can help you themselves or can connect you with someone they know.
@skirilarry
Thank you for your response. I can commute to VCU daily since i live nearby. I didn't know that i can attend grand rounds there. I'll check the website. Do they allow IMG's to attend without knowing anyone/having any contacts?or is it I need to just email the physicians in the vcu to find for either externship or observership in hospitals?
@ip92
thank you. I'll contact the hospital and look for any volunteer position.
Grand rounds are usually open to the public as far as I know.Do double check on the website and just contact the coordinator or whoever's contact they have to add you to their mailing list. Just write or call, be polite and say who you are and that you are just interested in some educational experience, and you live in the area.
@skirilarry
Thank you very much for your response.
I'm sure you can apply for the Eastern Hospital in Virgina .its not so far away form Richmond. you can google. it
good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »