Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good externship? - iman_kundu2007
Please help. Where can i do a good externship? I want to get into IM or gynae residency. My scores are 99/90/pass. What are my chances?
*cringe*

(fill in the blank here)-ship, as far as i am concerned, is a made up word IMGs like to throw around to make themselves feel better. Google externship and all you get is a bunch of places that charge lots of $$$ for sending you to a doctor's office. Sure you get to wear a white coat and introduce yourself as a physician. Chances are you'll be promised "hands on clinical experience", but chances are you'll be sitting on your ass for the better part of your day.

There's clerkship, for the third/fourth year medical students, and thats the only "ship" that means anything.

hi iman, can you e-mail me your resume as I just left a TRUE observership (more externship) position in texas (dallas). I know they interviewed few folks who replied to my previous postings. But I think they are still trying to find a good candidate with bent of mind for publication and research. You should be able to drive in Dallas or else they will not consider you.
What's your email address? mine is iman_kundu2007
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »