Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rochester General hospital IM - houstonpass
Anyone iv'ed here? Could you share your experiences...and did anyone get a prematch from here?
Two interviews with individuals, one with a faculty member and the other with one of the PD's. No clinical discussions, only questions about yourself and your life in general in a very relaxed environment. Do expect a large group (about 20 on my day) of interviewees on the day but you'll be split for tours vs interviews so it's not too bad. Plenty of food and coffee all through the day and the program coordinators and residents were very friendly.

I have no idea about pre-match offers.

Good Luck!
xtrasystolic - thank you very much! when was your iv? do you have any idea what they are looking for? ie was everyone there double 99's or those with tons of publications..any clue?
I interviewed in November and they are basically looking for a good mix of residents with different strengths. I think about half of their IMG recruits are Carribean grads and that was reflected in the interviewee pool as well.

As you might have already gathered from their webpages they emphasize on teaching/presenting skills - do try to bring up something along those lines during the interview.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »