Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!!!!!!!!!! - anticonvulsant
I attended 6 IM interviews till now out of which 4 offer prematches.But i didnt get any PM.i dont know where i am going wrong.I am depressed and lost all my hope.what to do?is there a chance to match with 6 IVs?
just stay positive...the fact that you have 6 interviews means that you always have the chance of being matched...just think of those who didnt even get any interviews...
But if most of the positions go for prematch then what is the possibility of matching if i go for match?
The chances of match are not bad compared to people like us who have 2 ivs.Besides all prgms give 7 spots for pm and we have to compete for 5 positions in match.Nevertheless you are lucky to have 6 ivs so Keep Hope alive.!
I don't think there is a let down here. Applicants fail to recognize that prematch is not a standard scenario like most of us are lead to believe. It is a deviation from the norm. If you don't get it or asked about it, do not be hasty in arriving at any conclusions. Some programs offer prematches immediately while others need to confer with the admissions committee. Some dont offer you a spot at all! This does not mean you are bad or you are not deserving.

There is really not much you can do a this stage except keep up the good work, maintain a straight face and keep doing the great job you are doing!

Dont be disheartened by these developments and focus on rest of your interview season.

Thank u everyone
@mleresidencytips thanks for that good posting.
I wish there was a published statistic somewhere of the percentage of positions that go through the match vs those that are received out of match (pre-match)
This way there will be less panic by concerned imgs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »