Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PA program or nursing ?? how to proceed - ultimate12
Hi i struggled very hard to get into residency but no chance since many years and became old grad.

I want to become a nurse or physician assistant and collecting information about CASPA , NCLEX etc. I know every PA program has its own prerequisites and some accepts medical degree and some don't , some say take few classes only. Kind of drives me mad, frustrating.

In a way PA program is better for 24 to 27 months, but very competitive, costs good money, full time school, prerequisities, in other words nursing is like again prereqs, RN 2 yrs degree, then masters, getting too long. very frustrating. Any ideas please share.

If anyone is in the same boat, please email jasminej04
sorry , I don't know the answers to these, but similar is MPH, costs good money to do this also if I'm not mistaken. anyone else with info to kindly share? M.D. with no residency quite suckks. Cheers.
MPH is much less practical degree than an RN or PA degree. Being a RN or a PA, you will be able to continue patient care after graduation. As an RN or a PA, there will probably a better return for your tuition. With overtime, you can probably make $80 as a RN and $100 as a PA. In some ways, it is better than being a doctor. You have less responsibilities. When you are off, you are really off. You are not on-call and don't have to carry a pager and return pages.
Neither nor, this year PDs are interviewing candidates with 2-3 months observerships, if you neeed a job to live from then nurse is a good choice as it is a true USCE which can help you when you apply later for match.
to belleandsebastian

I appreciate your advice, if you are planning to become a nurse or PA please contact me at
jasminej04 , thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »