Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 research to clinical - art20
Those who are on J1 visa under research scholar category...
what do u guys plan on doing??? I mean stay here and change category through DoS or go back home and get a fresh J1 clinical stamped????
Any inputs will be appreciated ....
I am in the same boat .. but I will apply for change of status from here.
@march2011 - do u knw anybody who has gone back to home country and applied for a fresh J1..??? Changing status is going to be my choice too..ultimately...
I dont know ... but like you I have the 2years home requirement .. so I dont want to be in trouble ..
My advice for you is to prepare the statement of need from now.
@anybody , i will also like to know if anybody has succeeded in getting fresh J1 clinical from home country. I asked ECFMG, they said they will issue DS2019 for clincial visa. rest of the issue is for Visa officer.
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
@ Dr_km and @march2011 - This is what I found on the website of DoS...The Two-Year Foreign Residency Requirement will not prevent you from reentering the U.S. with an F-1 student, B-1/B-2 (tourist) or J-1 student visa (or some other categories) in the future, but it will prevent you from getting H-1B non-immigrant employment or Permanent Residency status unless the 2 year requirement is either fulfilled or waived.

So technically there should not be an issue to apply in J1 clinical category (which is a different category from research scholar) after being in research scholar category with a 2 yr rule applicable, from our home country....!!!!!

Can somebody put some light on this isuue????
Does any body knows will there be any problem changing status from J1 research to J1 clinical if i visit my home country (mine India) after match. And given that i do not send any of my documents to ECFMG till i come back from home country.

Any help is appreciated

P.S: I hate these stupid visa laws of America, nobody is 100 % sure about anything, spl for J1.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »