Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch vs Waiting for the match - newbiev
I am sure many of us are going through the same dilemma. Accepting prematch offers from residency programs that are lower down on your ROL , as opposed to going into the match.

Post your opinions and experiences here.
cmon anyone?

What do u wanna hear?
This is a personal decision
It depends on other factors like how strong of a candidate u are, how many interviews, your perceived performances in the interviews so far and kind of feedback u have.
prematch may be good for some and not good for others...the important thing is how it works out for u!!!
Even if 100 pple came here to write about their prematches it doesnt make it the best decision for u. If u want your situation to be analyzed then u need to give more information
Thanks for replying nrmp 2012

Here are my credentials
YOG : 2010
Medical School: India
STep 1: 87/210
Step 2: 95/223
Step 2 CS : Pass

All first attempt. Have not taken Step 3 yet.

Applied to IM and Few in FM as a back up
11 Iv in IM and 2 in FM

One prematch offer, which i turned down due to location.

Mostly a positive feed back from most places that i interviewed at.

The program that i like most , does not offer prematches , but has 40+ spots .

Appreciate your time.
Oh and i need visa sponsorship.
@newbie do you have any USCE?
people with even greater scores and step 3 haven't got good number of ivs..so u r lucky and take the prematch if its offered to you as in matching people with greater scores would be preferred over you...how many months of usce do you have..i am happy for you but have met people with even greater creds dying for 2-3 iv's..

This is a personal decision.

In the scenario that u presented...my decision will be based on the program that is offering the pre match.

Would U rank it within the top 4?
If yes...then take the prematch and dont get greedy.
Would u rank it within the middle 3...
then the decision decides on how much risk u like taking in life
Personlly if I would rank it in bottom 4 and I think I have very good feedbacks...I would have gone for the match...and ready to wholeheartedly accept wuteva consequences tht would come
If interested in research positions, contact me at marriet2012. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.” Thanks.

There were some complaints that no reply was sent. Please be patient, and you should be replied in the order your email was received.

P.S.
Users "marriot" (with an O not E), marriet2012, matissiti, aditi_patel, abba300, and marriet_is_a_scammer, you all are the same person, and you keep making new IDs. Your posts are funny, but you're deceiving users, making them think you're me. Please stop it. Thank you.

P.P.S.
@abba300, marriet2012, marriet_is_a_scammer, or whatever your next ID is going to be:
Please keep posting and pushing the threads to the top so more people can view them. We're getting more emails from customers. We really appreciate your help. Please accept my apology for the previous arguments. Thank you very much Smile
Hey ssj,

i have 6 months of USCE, 3 months of electives and 3 months observership. No publications, but 4 months of research in the US.

@residencyismylife: that is exactly what i am trying to determine. When residency program make their ROL, How much weight is given to Interview performance, how much to scores, how much to USCE etc.

@nrmp2012: The program that offered the prematch is 5th on my ROL. Its a great program but the location doesnt suit me.
As far as my risk taking ability is concerned, i would say i am prepared to take a calculated risk. And nrmp, thank for your help, you seem to be very sorted.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »