Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interview experience at sisters of charity, buffal - littlehope
Can any one share interview experience at sisters of charity program at buffalo?
I highly appreciate your input.
Thanks
anyone?
I interviewed there in november ..
good interview in general .. Tour, Lecture, 2 interviews with PD and Associated .. then lunch .. and will have another tour in mercy hospital.
In general .. middle class program .. chances of fellowships low.
questions in interview .. nothing difficult.
First of all, this is going to be a long day 6:30am - 4:30pm.
Everybody is interviewed by 2 APDs and the PD. A chief resident will be with you in the conference room where all applicants wait till their turns.
Chief resident will also ask each applicant some q. All 4 of them fill some forms while we talk. Basically, they want to know our class ranks, future plans, spouse's job and if (s)he can move to Buffalo, no. of applications and interviews we have..etc.
No medical q, no case presentation, no weird behavioral/ ethic q asked.
Chief resident asks everyone's favourite movie.
Then, tour of 2 hospital as outlined in the itinerary given.
The coordinator arranged the shuttle to send us back to Millenium hotel/airport at the end of the day. So, no worry for transportation.
Thanks march2011 and shanma for your valuable input.
Its good to know they dont ask medical and ethical questions. Feeling much relax now.
I've heard PD play jeopardy with some candidates, any idea?
Once again thanks.
PD likes jeopardy a lot but on my interview day, no one said they played it.
He does trains his residents seriously to prepare for jeopardy.
worst interview experience of the season for me. It was very disorganized, they don't make you feel comfortable AND they made all candidates write (yes with a pen) the names of ALL the programs that we had interviews from. They will not take an approximate answer for that. This is ethically wrong and they can get into trouble for this.

As for the program, I have heard that teaching is good. Fellowship opps are low, board pass rate is very high, but is mostly self learning. Clinically, terrible patient exposure and a bad hospital. I have friends living in Buffalo, that say the saying goes "they could not find a hospital so they had to go to sisters". Over-all a low grade program.

Disclaimer: Doesn't mean I wouldn't take it. My creds are not good, so I would take anything. The information above is to give a clear picture for you to make an informed decision.
Luckily, I was not forced to write or give the exact names of programs I interviewed. (My IV was in the middle of Dec.)
However, when I mentioned a more competitive program in a bigger city, an APD became sarcastic..so better not to tell them all.
Anyway, best wishes for you, littlehope!
Thanks shanma.
Wish you a great success in match!
Thanks distraught for shedding more light on interview process and program's reputation.
From their website it seems they have good duty schedule and mandatory research electives which is better than some other programs which dont support research at all. You are right, inspite of all negative views its better to have something in hand. Good luck friend.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »