Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help ranking these programs for IM - cooldoct
1- Boston University Medical Center Program, Boston, MA
2- Mount Auburn Hospital Program, Cambridge, MA
3- Lahey Clinic Medical Center Program, Burlington, MA
4- Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Long Island Jewish 5-Medical Center Categorical Program, New Hyde Park, NY
5- Brown University/Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island Program, Pawtucket, RI
6- George Washington University Program, Washington, DC
7- Caritas Carney Hospital Program, Dorchester, MA
8- Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA
please help
dude r you serious? i mean look at your list...you have an impressive list..not many IMG's get calls from programs you have recieved...n i dont think anyone would b able to rank those IVY league programs on ur list..Boston uni..wow!!..i hope you r not just trying to show off here...but its you who is gonna rank them..attend interviews n see it for urself. GL
Hi cooldude,
I am not trying to show off. The problem is that these programs do not usually take IMGs.
if these programs do not take IMGs, how do you get all these calls? unless someone is making arrangement for you I believe. by the way, only brown on the list is considered as ivy league, all others are not but with some reputation of arrogance to take imgs. gl
Hi angelboy,
No one is making any arrangements for me.

I will appreciate if anyone gives me an idea about these programs.
any body with information about IM at Caritas carney, Dorchester
I think it is
1-4-2-3-6-5-8-7
Cooldoct:

Boston university is by far the strongest program you have on your list..almost light years
George Washington is a decent university program

Lahey and Long Island Jewish are both strong community programs
Mt Auborn as well, with the added advantage of being associated with Harvard, thus you may be able to rotate through MGH or BWH, but be aware, you will have to prove even to the janitor, that you are not a complete idiot almost every day...so this one is a bit tricky depending upon your personality

St. elisabeth is ok I guess, affiliated with Tufts

You really don't want to go to Dorchester...trust me...

Memorial I know nothing about

have you interviewed at BU or are you going to?
Angelboy,if Boston is not IVY what is it,as per medicine,I think Boston is the strongest program represented on that list.Maybe you rank all of then and have some community programs or other university programs as backup,cos interviewing is one thing,then rank order list another.Goodluck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »