Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi anesthesiology - bin2mk
To anyone applying for anesthesiology, i have a prelim positon but no advanced. How difficult is it to get a pg y-1 next yr?
Good Job!!. I think you will find one CA1 spot. But do you have any interviews lined up for Advanced positions right now??...

If you have tell explicitly in those interviews that you have Prelim. It increases your chances most of the time.

Because PDs doesnt want to give a position to some one who is not sure of finding a prelim position.
thanx pavan.
but no, i had only one interview for categorical anesthesia and i did not get a prematch. the pd says he is ranking me but i am afraid to go for match with this one interview. guess i will take the pre lim and apply next yr
A PD told me dont bank on Categorical, I think you are going in the right direction, but did you get any feel from PD where you are ranked.

One suggestion why dont you tell about your situation to this PD during end of Jan to see if he can send a feeler saying 'Rank Mine more tha Prelim' assuming you will not get any more interviews for anesthesia.

One person i know she 3 Anes interviews 1 cat and 2 adv, she got in to adv first then searched for prelim later in post match.

' Life is so interesting, with so turns and ups and downs ' What Ya Think??
Hi pavan,

As you say life is full of ups and downs. the program i interviewed at is cleave land clinic foundation and i am sure they have excellent candidates; so i am not risking what i have in hand for something i am not at all sure of. so i guess i will try again next yr. well sure is tough man!
My Suggestion is before you sign prematch for PRelim, dont you think you need to atleast talk to CCF PD and tell him about your fix. He might send you a feeler.

Think about it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »