Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to @azeb - gyn
can u please kindly let me know just for my next year if you dont mind I am old grad 1994 scores 92 step1 99step2ck and cs passed all first attempt I have residency and board certification in my home country and also I have months of observership here but got just 3 ivs so disappointed I dont know if you can tell me ur experience I want to know my mistakes and be careful where to apply next year
thanks in advance and please dont bother yourself if you think you are not ready to write your experience for me
You see getting interviews for old grad like you and me, is really tough..This is the first time I applied for residency and got three of the interviews by mine own effort and the rest three brought by communication with friends of my social circle...residents, hospitalists, attending for that matter any person that can bring influence for interview invitation.
NB initially even some of the responses from dear and near ones may not be satisfactory but keep on pressing and never never give up.
The other two important things.... I applied early and all were community programs...even I avoid strong community programs
thank you for your response,do you believe getting iv with connection works?I never believed in connections maybe my way of thinking is wrong but i feel they just will invite us but at last dont rank.I also applied on sep first and almost no strong program
by theway here is my skype id will be happy to be in touch as the person on the same boat if u would like u can add me revolution20095
gyn

Getting interview is half of the challenge of residency. Once you get the chance of interview, at least for the moment the ball is in your court...try to impress them and be at your best.
You are right these days there is a growing concern about being ranked but your attitude that some one invited with connection, last don't ranked, is naive.
Rather my intuitions tells me otherwise.
what is your YOG azeb??
and credentials too plz..bc i am also an old grad...wanna know how to prep my CV for nxt yr?
Zini
90/97/p/ all with one attempt/step 3 not yet/1996/GC holder
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »