Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am working with a Dr, in his private office, I - flowermau
take history, BP, pulse, he also allows me to examine the patients. And i give injections, IM/ IV, draw blood for lab test. IS this considered as USCE or only observership?

This is not a paid post, i am volnteering!
you have better keep quiet about what you are doing. seriously, if it is real as what you described, you should not be allowed to touch a pt if you don't have a medical liscence or are not RN. otherwise who gives you the permission will be in trouble.
yea, its against the HIPPA law
this is illegal
U scare me now! how do i describe this as clinical experience or observership, when i go for interviews, as i am planning to ask a LOR from him, pls reply
I think u can, under his supervision. Like in the internship u can do all ,, but under supervision.
of course its under supervision. He tells me what to do , and i just follow it.
you cannot examine but can take history.
Can anyone answer can she/he examine pts if ecfmg certified?
no, u cant, undr no one's supervision. as plain as that
u can show this as ur obsevership, but dont mention doin actual proc
yes..nizan is right..thats wat i did too n i mentioned experience as observership but under it i mentioned that under so n so doctor's supervision i used to do physicals..n stuff...n i have been asked abt it at my interviews n everywhere i tell them tht i do it under doc's supervision..so far no body told me its illegal..hope this helps. GL
hey,
i am doing the same, working as a medical assistant. but it is not illegal or anything. medical assistant needs only a degree in biological field as you don't actually treat patients. i have 3 other people working there for over 12 yrs now. They all hold medical degrees from their country. but i have a EAD and am getting paid for the job. i got LORS from the doctors there and applied to programmes too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »